1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but people here are not his former teammates, not paid to play pro ball.

The angle changes if you are a Rocket fan. You put the team before players.

If a player makes it hard for the ballclub to become a contender, then most fans turn on players.

That is natural. No hard feelings. Just another ass-et.

Dwight like other players are his friends, bros so they naturally feel differently as Rockets fan do.

They are all in the same boat like we fans are mostly in the same boat.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better organization huh? I think you'll draw some HEAT

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

The party scene with Chandler Parsons and Mark Cuban is pretty bizarre. Is Chandler even aware of the possibility that the Rockets can match the offer so he'll remain with the team? I wonder how Leslie Alexander feels about him celebrating with another owner.

4. torocan

torocan Member

Alexander probably isn't crazy about the optics, however I'm sure he understands that Parsons was probably just ecstatic that someone was giving him $46M.

I don't care who I'm sitting next to... unless they're a pedophile or murderer or something, if they gave me $46M I'll gladly share a drink and smile for a photo in a bar.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You reap what you sow morey. Treat players like statistical numbers and they will do the same. Why should cp do anything for you who has no loyalty?

6. verysimplejason

Let me repeat. This is just business. This issue is overblown. All you hypocrites, GTFO. Meanwhile, let's wait for Morey's decision.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

His behavior intentionally planed, so Rockets wont match

Cuban must spent a week with Parson's parent before of not months attempting to persuade them

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Morey said he was going to match. If he doesn't, then I guess Parsons was right not to rely on Morey's word. If Morey does match, then Parsons has shown bad faith, but I wouldn't blame him.

9. verysimplejason

Faith and loyalty is relative to those dollars.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Chandler was giddy at signing a deal that had to have wildly exceeded his most optimistic daydreams about his next contract (pre-Hayward deal). In my opinion, he "knew" Morey would match, due to a promise, the ideal result, or that if Morey didn't match, it would be because the contract offer to Parsons was too rich, another great outcome. So here he is in Florida, being wooed by a young billionaire bent on signing him. Libations flow. A good friend is there and, caught up in the excitement, starts snapping pictures like crazy, probably encouraged by Cuban, with Chandler on the kind of high getting $46 million dollars will give you, grinning like a loon. Result? Chandler is suddenly vilified by a host of members here, some even wishing him serious injury (something that leaves me mistified - always has). It's a theory, anyway. I'm still hoping that we can retain him.

11. cbk41

cbk41 Member

What if it's all a ruse by Morey/Parsons/Fegan on the league/Cuban in order to play the FA game their own way? People are assuming (for good reasons) that Morey would never offer a contract like what Dallas is offering, but maybe Les told him to keep him in town at any cost.

12. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

not exactly a cp fan here since he has been so focused on creating O and letting down his D during the last season, but I can't believe ppl would blame on him for this fiasco, he didnt betray anyone he didnt do nothing wrong, this wasnt another boozer case, if it was we would have had known by now. if anyone of these chanting loyalty now were offered 46 mil, and told take it or leave it, you think anyone of you would go like, wait I need to consult my employer see if they have my replacement ready?

13. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

If I was Chandler, I'd sign it also. It's business. There is no reason for him to put his future on hold because LeQueen and Bosh can't make up their minds. Imagine all the players who have no idea what team/city they're going to play for because everything is on hold due to the "decision 2.0". He is just protecting his future whether it be for money/basketball reasons. This made the sutuation tougher for us but that's up to management to figure out, not CP. I hope Morey finds a way to match. If not, I'll still be cheering for the guy although he's in a Maverick uniform.

Let's keep it classy h-town.

14. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

15. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Nicolas Batum wants a raise now.....:)

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A large number of players who signed a contract in the years prior to this summer would want a raise now.

In fact, this is exactly what Channing Frye did when he had a choice. Opted out of the final year ($6.8M) of a 5 year $30M deal and got a raise with a 4 year $32M deal from Orlando.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't think it's a question of loyalty, he made him an offer he can't refuse.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SeldwfOwuL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Would anyone here take $23 million to move to Dallas, TX and be a Dallas Mavs cheerleader for 3 years (home games only)? (You could opt out after 2 years if you got tired of it). This is exactly the sort of tough dilemma that ChandlerP was faced with.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Give Cuban some credit..ppl his age sleep before 10:00pm and him going party at a club with guys 1/2 his age to sign a contract is quite remarkable

20. reliableman

reliableman Member

hope you're kidding. otherwise, the only remarkable thing is that you don't realize that billionaires have a lot of free time.