1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And the most recent tweets only validate my thoughts . Guys we are all being played in a power struggle in Miami. The big 3 are going back. This is just a big game of Chicken. Who blinks first I don't know but it sure doesn't look like Lebron.

The Rockets need to give a hard deadline tomm and then move on. I'd revisit the Asik trade with the Pelles and try to bring back Ryan Anderson. The. You match Chandler and set yourself up to try and trade for Rondo possibly. It's time to move on. This organization is better than to get caught getting made the fool.

2. philchips

philchips Member

The Rockets and Chandler had love on both sides. The Rockets even let him out of his contract to do the right thing and pay him. So explain why he chose to sign as quick as he could knowing they were waiting for bosh's decision? So explain why he deleted any affiliation with the Rockets on Twitter? So explain the I fudged u grin pic? I can and it seems like he's a loyal friend. Don't be butthurt you still have the man child with more child than man and the other guy that only plays half the game (I know ur from Houston so that means he doesn't give any effort on defense).

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good read, thx:cool:

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Chandler signed the deal with the most money presented to him, as is his prerogative. Cuban likely forced his hand by only making the offer last for a limited time. If Bosh commits and we match Parsons, all this controversy will be for nothing. Thus, it had nothing to do with this contrived bullshi* about a jersey number.

I'm not even going to entertain your other claim. Take a look at Lebron, Bosh, Bledsoe or other FA's twitter backgrounds and tell me what you see.

Let's see if you can listen to reason

5. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Has Dwight or Harden called this contract ridiculous yet?

6. helpourselves

helpourselves Member

7. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Davidsh32">@Davidsh32</a> cp isn't gone. And if he did I wouldn't be mad. He did what was best for him.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487369549646274562">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/TerryLee__">@TerryLee__</a> he didn't do anything wrong.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487421768051593216">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Ah Dwight got his back. Good to see that.

9. Little General

Hah! some of you people could learn from Dwight!

10. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

I like Howard's tweet . Finally all about business.

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

Money aside, if I get to choose Mchale or Carlisle, I will pick the latter any day.

12. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

But you're not paying. The rich owner is paying.

13. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Of course Dwight ain't gonna bash Parsons, they have the same agent.

14. shastarocket

Well that's a given, Carlisle has to be a top 3 coach right now.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

The people that are bashing Parsons or saying that "PARSONS BETRAYED US! BLEHHH" need to take a look at what Dwight tweeted, and end their illogical arguments.

Everyone and their grandma would chase the money, at this point in their careers.

Can't blame a guy for not sitting on his butt waiting for the phone to ring. Sometimes, it's best to be proactive - this was one of those times.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is on you guys to give free passes to white guys that can jump.

Liked his game but never give free passes, yo!

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Shut up, clown. He's got every right to go get a max contract.

18. philchips

philchips Member

19. Centerville

Centerville Member

Oy, headlines. I agree with the substance of the article, but the headline seems a bit off the mark. Parsons didn't get a "free pass" -- he played way above the level you expect from a second round pick making second round money. The surprise wasn't that he had holes in his game (he certainly did, and does), it was that his overall play approached All-Star caliber. Parsons didn't get a free pass -- he was a (nearly) free pass for the Rockets.

I certainly agree with the underlying point: He ain't free no more.

20. shastarocket

I guess reason failed. Abandon ship!