1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Cease fire and Peace Accord Signing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Dec 5, 2012.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I think Lin is hogging all the criticism. Harden is our max player and he hasn't performed against top seed teams.

memphis 4/18 shooting
    okc 3/16
    la 3/19

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is why we can't have nice things. People on here care more about harden being bashed less than Lin than the team winning the game.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Freedom of speech. We can't keep people from starting ignorant, useless, knee-jerk threads and making anger-inducing responses; but we can make these the unpopular minority. I believe there's more of us than there is of them. The reasonable just have to outpost the unreasonable. That's how wars are won.

:)

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I'm not happy for this win because it was a fluke. We lost this game on every level until hack a dwight.

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

1. Lin had foul trouble so he didn't play his usual minutes.
    2. Who is supposed to be out there as playmaker if both Harden and Lin are benched?

Don't take everything so personally just because there are some deeply annoying hater-trolls on this board or because the media writes sensational articles on Lin to get eyeballs.

Don't conflate all that with the Rockets organization and scrutinize every coaching decision. There was nothing controversial about what Sampson did, unless you also think it was controversial to sit Parsons and Asik. He went with who was hot. And Harden needed to be out there with the bench.

6. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This.
    Not really anyone on here is here to hate only on Lin. There are however people here to worship Lin.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's part of the game.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, you got the message all wrong. All Non believers must be destroyed

This was foreseen by Rudy T. There are only two types of fans here.
    Rockets fans and Non believers.

here's his message:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5-1jgNhopNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#49 tinman, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

LOFs >>>>>>>>>>>>> LOHs

LOFs act out of love and support of a player they like, sometimes out of ignorance/naive/lack of knowledge of the game or other players on the team. A lot of them have before more knowledgeable and have started supporting the other players and the team as a whole.

LOHs act out of hatred. Their goal in life is to attack/bash someone. They are a miserable, pathetic group of losers in life that will never get better.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

LOH=imaginary group of people created by LOFs used to shield Jeremy Lin of any basketball criticism

Clutch fans = fans of the Houston Rockets , the team that transformed Houston into Clutch City

Knicks fans = fans of New York Knicks, who got denied a championship because of Clutch City
    fans who can't understand that the Rockets of 1994 were superior than all of their players

Yeah, John Starks was way overrated, Maxwell could eat him for lunch, everyday

Dream> 100 Patrick Ewings

1 person likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

LOFs=Eat Big Kahuna burgers and come from this country called What

[​IMG]

13. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

A LOH is someone who focuses on how bad Lin is playing and ignores how bad other rockets are playing.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Hey now, watch what you say about us ladies. :p
    But yeah, I agree with everything you said Shawndme7

Glad some mature veteran members notice this as well. Just in the last couple of days there's been an influx of stupid, instigating, "LOF" mock threads from the vets.
    I apologized to the mod crew for having to deal with that childishness and some idiot left me a comment calling me a LOF and that it was a joke!!......like I get it, they're joke threads but they got tired and old a month ago when the real LOFs made them, what good does it do for vets to stoop to their level?
    Both sides need to grow up, seriously.

By anyway, pass me the pen.

I, Lucky Charm, hereby swear to respect the presented Clutchfans Declaration of Peace.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No, a LOH is someone who makes a critical observation about Lin and then has to read post after post calling him a "hater" or a "troll", or pointing out the short-comings of other Rockets' players in order to justify their over-inflated and inappropriate (borderline sexually confused) affection for Lin.

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Even in the Middle East, I don't think there were nuclear weapons fired AT A PEACE DISCUSSION. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 person likes this.
  17. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Hardly critical with people taking shots at Lin's 20 min while Harden is going 3 of 19.

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Haha, +1 on your description of harcore Knicks fans. I enjoyed that Rockets championship more than any sports moment to that point (although Moses and Dr. J winning for the 76ers a decade earlier after all those near misses came close).

Don't agree though that LOH are imaginary though, as there do seem to be people unfairly targeting Lin (those that fairly target him when he plays poorly are of course not LOH).

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I think people are getting thrown in the same boat.
    I think GlenRice was the first LOH, but these newbs weren't around for him.

Imagine what would happen if GlenRice was still here?

20. just a word

just a word Member

Actually it made sense to me that Harden was out there facilitating because you don't want just Douglas out there facilitating. Let Douglas be the SG he clearly is, to maximize him.

At this point in time, I think Harden draws more defensive attention than Lin because of how they've generally been performing this season, therefore from a viewpoint of trying to breakdown the defense to get the ball into the hands of the guys on the team who are having a good shooting night, Harden should have definitely been on the floor.

This is from a person that still thinks it was a poor coaching decision to have Lin sit out that entire OT against Portland.