1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Brace yourself for the antics of Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 14, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rodman > Draymond

I can at least respect Rodman, he was a true tough guy not a fake tough guy who goes after point guards

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Chris is doing the same. Called intimate hug.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Where is PJ Tucker? Nene? Somebody needs to stand up to this guy. Seems like everyone on the team is scared of this guy.

4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It was after a bucket so they probably just ran down to play D. But after the whistle, T, replay, fans, Harden himself and all they definitely knew what was up. Like I said, Harden could've done anything short of actually murdering DG and it would've been overlooked by the NBA. Let's be honest and know that actual fist fights aren't going to break out ever again in the NBA. At least just push him off of you. He isn't going to do anything about it. Not for realsies.

That's when the game was lost. I stand by that statement.

Anybody else play ball? Know what I mean? You can't be physically intimidated. Green is out here shoving elbows, setting blind picks with his elbows out, running directly into shooters and acting like someone killed his dog over it. You let him play his game and win. How about, push his ass back. Run his ass over. Go be louder than he is. He gets to do it, so do you. And if the league/refs decide to halt that after a game or two, all you did was take him out.

y'all know that's why Durant didn't get 3 shots on the foul. Because they didn't give that **** to Harden all year and if they start now, he's gonna rope the dopes into it every other play and "ruin" the game.

ron413 likes this.
  5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

We gonna ignore that CP3 was doing the same things, maybe even dirtier (elbow)?

Yukyuk likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t see it like that. It’s not a boxing match. Nobody is scared of him. The crazy thing to me is the amount of verbal abuse the refs allow him to dish out upon them. It’s ridiculous.

Verbal Christ, lw17 and BigMaloe like this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

We all could use some

[​IMG]
    METTA WORLD PEACE

lw17 and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I agree with both points.

You gotta get back in his face like Rondo did. This makes us look soft. Force the refs to tighten up that BS. Don't hit him, but get in his face.

Also, the refs are a bunch of sissies letting the "big kid" do whatever he wants.

BigM likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the 2016 finals set precedent that GS cannot win without him on the court because they have no other big guy to step in. so for silver it's as simple as no donkey, no revenue

12. pageC4

pageC4 Member

This is exactly why every team needs to have an enforcer on the team. Guys like Artest, Matt Barnes, and so on, provide a lot of benefit. I do find it interesting that the NBA has basically allowed the Warriors to become like the Detroit "Bad Boys" Pistons.

lw17 likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I braced myself for donkey . I forgot to brace myself from the tide of shitposters and doubters after the game . I guess I haven't been on CF enough this year

MistaK, Invisible Fan and BigMaloe like this.
  14. pageC4

pageC4 Member

Man, Rondo was the ultimate pest. I loved that he didn't back down, and he even returned those same antics to the Warriors by trying to trip Stephen Curry.

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm not seriously advocating hurting the guy, but if he does that again -- NeNe, Joe Cheese, SOMEBODY better get off the bench and make sure it doesn't happen again.

lw17 likes this.
  16. pageC4

pageC4 Member

I don't think you should feel bad for Draymond one bit. The guy chooses to make every game he is involve in into a mini-MMA event. That's what pisses me off about the guy, if you want to fight, go join the NBA. Otherwise, leave that stuff where it belongs and just play basketball.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You can't put Zhou in there, that would cause an international incident

there was one today cause the GAP had a shirt with a China map without Taiwain

Having China's biggest export to hoops being trampled and dunked on like Shawn Bradley would cause massive issues.

kevtse and Kevooooo like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the jackass makes no sense at all. shoving harden in the neck after a made layup 1min into the series.

and the officiating makes no sense at all. how can they watch that and slap a nothing T on him? and then endure his expletive b****ing for a couple minutes, when the same exact lead ref gave CP3 a tech for absolutely nothing just a couple months ago.

if capela or cp3 or harden had done that to curry they would have been sent to the locker room immediately.

BigM likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why wasn’t the draymond tech not assessed as a flagrant?

It was an unwarranted attack to the throat and face that created unnecessary contact in a vicious manor.

How is that not at least a flagrant 1 foul? I could understand if it was a normal push in the chest but it wasn’t. Also, Draymonds facial expressions clearly showed malicious intent.

kevtse, Voltik and BigM like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don’t remember a point where I thought someone really needs to stand up to this guy. The first foul on Harden was probably one but it was a bit too early. If that happens late and close I think it gets more chippy. That was more of a “WTF is wrong with this guy” moment. If the series goes long like we hope we’ll probably see a little more push back from PJ and Ariza when necessary.

But the refs are just insane to tolerate his antics. JVG has brought it up multiple times in the past years about the amount of leeway NBA players are getting nowadays in general. Draymond takes it to another level and he’s granted it. The refs are terrible and in all likelyhood a number of them are crooked so **** them, but if they want any respect from players they need to take it back.

Tfor3 likes this.