1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Asik speaks out on alleged trade demand, playing with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Sep 27, 2013.

1. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Whoa...I just realized I never heard Asik talk before until I saw that clip. He sounds...congested?

Well at least the <emp>way</emp> he says "no comment" doesn't sound as bad as when you read it?

2. verysimplejason

I hope Rockets doesn't trade him. I surely love a twin-tower combo especially during playoffs.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He will do what the coaching staff asks of him. It's a big change,and he understandably feels uncomfortable.
    I think Morey will be forced to move him quickly, if the Dwight/Omer experiment fails. Omer will demand a trade if he feels like a misfit. DM should not succumb to the first offer that he gets,ala Ryan Anderson.
    Let's hope that something good will come out of this complicated situation.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Try NBA League pass this season.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

NIce job by Omer maintaining a professional demeanor... even if his coach cannot...

1 person likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

K love comes here in a three way deal

7. alethios

alethios Member

I would say he's earned his "first string" creds. But he's going to have to be a professional and be ready, no matter whether he's the center of attention or not.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Love his altitude.

9. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I thought this guy was a scrub before last season. He proved me way wrong. He's does things that put a smile on a fans face. Always plays hard, brings it almost every night, is a good defender, adequate on offense, and seems like a good guy.

10. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

I think some of you are missing the point. He can't say he wants to be traded. That would take away Morey's bargaining chip. If GMs know Morey is desperate, they'll offer less and he'll have to take less. All indications point to Asik being gone sooner or later.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They will give it until the all star break to see if the two big man can co-exist. If not Asik will be traded IMO.

Asik IMO has earned the right to start, so I cant be mad at the young man for being a lil upset/disappointed. He is human just like we are ladies and gents. You get demoted to a lesser roll with your company, you will be upset too. Sh***** might start looking for another job as well. IJS

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

One thing that works in Houston's favor here is that unlike most situations, Asik becomes more likely to be traded by playing better. If he tries to destroy his trade value, Morey would simply not trade him. The Rockets absolutely would feel fine letting his contract run out and sign someone with their 2015 capspace. But if Asik plays well, some team will come calling at the deadline and the Rockets will listen.

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

All good man, thanks for the great interview! With training camp underway I am eagerly waiting for any [Clutchfans] content.

With all of the empty speculation that has been swirling around Asik for months, it is great to actually hear from the man himself.

Personally I think keeping Asik and keeping him happy is the key to this season.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

All signs point to Morey not receiving anything close to value for Asik. Another team will have to break. With potentially a good free agency, fewer teams will be in the market for Asik.

15. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

Whether it works or not, its worth to try out the twin tower. Lets go!

16. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

10 points a game with starter's minutes is not going guarantee anyone a starting job in the nba. The 11.7 rebounds is very good, but 1.1 blocks per barely puts him in the top 30 in the league; unimpressive, esp. for a 7 footer.

Asik is 27, and is probably already very close to his ceiling as far as his scoring potential is concerned.

Again, there is no realistic, logical reason for asik to assume some guarantee that he would be starting indefinitely for the rockets, with or without howard joining the team.

17. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

omer is a stud

our franchise really treat him like crap

he worked his butt off, did all the dirty work, seems like a nice guy but we just leave him high and dry for dwight

dwight has a ton of babies out of wedlock, never known as a character guy, loves to fart and joke about it but he is more talented than Omer so there we go

sucks that nice guys finish last

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Love Omer! It's gonna be great seeing him dominate opposing second units and killing their starting line-ups with Dwight. I definitely look forward to Omer on our team. No team can mess with us in terms of size. We're good to go in pretty much all our positions, if need be.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about... this is a sports business. Rockets are not in it to be nice guys stuck in mediocrity. The players are not in it for that either. Everyone is in it to WIN. Omer is NOT a stud. He is a good center, but that is it. Howard even injured was still the BEST center. Also, how the hell did we leave him high and dry for Howard? Is he not still getting paid? Did he not get a helluva contract before he even really proved a thing? Two things are already set for Asik. Everyone knows he is good now and he has a big fat contract waiting for him once this is over. Yet, you are dissing the Rockets for him?

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah the no comment cenario seems liea dad give away hat he didask o a trad and franky i cant blame him.