1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutchfans archives]Quitten has left the building

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought about this article cause some of the Bulls fans here.
    Clutch really let his feelings out on this article.

Update: despite the Rockets signing him to 15 million bucks a year,

1. Pippen never made it to the Finals AGAIN
    2. Horry got the best of Pippen
    3. Pippen is flat broke and can't even hold an analyst job on ESPN

JUSTICE SERVED! :rolleyes: :p ;)

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=27
    Quitten has left the building

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2, 1999 12:00 AM CT
    By Clutch

Bye, Bye Scottie

I am completely tired of listening to some try to defend Scottie Pippen.

Humpty-Hump has been sent north for 6 players off of the Blazer bench, including Stacey Augmon (right)

Scottie committed a cardinal sin by callously blasting a current teammate for the world to hear and see. He blamed everything on Charles Barkley, a teammate who made several sacrifices for Scottie to come here and defended him after every 4 point, 5 turnover performance Scottie upchucked. How ironic that Scottie said he was only going to the Rockets because of Barkley, and called Chuck constantly last summer to make sure he would be on board before committing to Houston. Now, Charles is the entire problem. And let me ask: Did this have anything to do with Charles Barkley? If the Rockets had immediately announced they had no intentions of bringing Chuck back, would this have satisfied Scottie? Would it have made the Rockets a better team?

An emphatic 'no' on both accounts.

Scottie used Barkley to look justified. He wanted Phil and LA, nothing else. He knows there are many anti-Barkleyites out there in the world. Could you imagine Scottie making those comments about Olajuwon or Michael Jordan? And who is he going to blame in Portland?

Barkley said some weeks back that we would know more about Pippen's character if he was traded, and he was dead on. Scottie failed miserably. He's shown he's not a leader. He's shown he can't take the pressure of being "The Man". He's shown he's all about finger-pointing and laying blame elsewhere.

Scottie Pippen is a very good $2 million/year sidekick to Mr. Jordan, and nothing else. His 6 championships alongside Michael mean nothing. After just 50 games in which he proclaimed he would lead the Rockets back to the Promised Land and how he wanted to finish his career in Houston, he quit on the team.

He's a complete failure as a leader and a teammate.

I'm not done.

I'm embarrassed Scottie Pippen was ever a Houston Rocket. It makes you feel almost dirty, like a bad stage in your life where you experimented with illegal drugs or dated some girl you had no idea worshipped "Jiffy the God of Peanut Butter".

Every day is a good day because it's a day without Scottie wearing the uniform. And I ask, does anyone feel any more animosity towards JR Reid for that blatant takedown of Scottie in Game 4 of the Lakers-Rockets series last season?

I don't... in fact I'm thinking about sending him a beer in Milwaukee.

2. killer instinct

Thats what happens when you let Barley run your team......referencing his whole career........what could have beens?

3. engr chris

engr chris Member

Classic Clutch!

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Pippen wasn't crap without MJ.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Dear Bulls fans on this site,
    this is what our leader thinks of Pippen! :p :D :rolleyes:

ANY QUESTIONS???

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Pippen was a douche...that is all.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm glad Pippen is bankrupt. I hope the next step in his downfall is prison time and/or a new strain of herpes.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Aww that's just mean. I'd be content with public humiliation.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Me too. I'm hoping the new strain of super herpes is obvious to the public.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

hey Yaozer,

if I told you that I'd give you like $90 million bucks, you think you'd go broke in say.. 10 years?

oh, whomever is voting a low star on this thread must not like Clutch's articles. I'm just reposting a classic article, so you hate it, you hate Clutch..or your really are sensitive about the Bulls.

read his article and stop the jealously of us 1999ers who appreciate his work.
    we're just messengers... FROM GOD

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Well you have a point. The little guy on my right says that should be punishment enough. Oh well, the guy deserves every little bad publicity he gets.

Diseases is just too mean for me. Maybe finding out that he has 10 kids he didn't know about from 10 different women and having the court telling him he needs to pay the same amount Tmac is paying to his little "other" kid to each of the 10 women for the rest of his life should be sufficient.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

What's bizarre is that if you read "The Jordan Rules," the author talks quite a bit about Pippen being absolutely obsessed with financial security and throwing real fits over his contracts at every opportunity when he felt he wasn't being paid his full value. Yet he still managed to lose it all?

13. Crudder

Crudder Member

Wow... this is starting to sound like the angry religious guy standing on the corner yelling at me and telling me I'm going to hell.

By the way, I actually liked the article by Clutch and was glad to see Pippen go. But let me say something, Tinman, on the reason why you might be getting a low rating... you mention that anyone giving your article a 1 star must either hate Clutch, his article, or be overly sensitive about the Bulls when simply they might just dislike the messenger.

The only time I ever hear of jealoulsy of the 1999ers is from you. I rarely see people discuss that fact because it shouldn't be important. You may have been part of this website longer than most of us, but you obviously don't act like it. Show some class and maturity - it's great to be enthusiastic about your team and you obviously know a lot about the Rockets.

Personally, I like most of your threads in terms of content except when you go off on this 1999er speech which I think is what drives people to give you the low ratings. But hey, what do I know... I've only been here a year.

Thanks for the article and greating writing Clutch.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

:mad: Quitten is a damn joke

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I only want the Bulls fans to go to hell.

so I'm the Hancock of clutchfans. doesn't change the fact I have super powers! :p

16. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

So does that mean you become mortal if Vernon Maxwell gets too close? :D

*sorry for the possibility of spoiling those who hasn't seen the movie*

17. tinman

Supporting Member

you know I actually stood next to Charlize Theron once? ;) :D

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Hmm, so I guess I'm the only guy here who likes Pippen? Granted, I hate him forever for what he did while here....but my eyes from 1991-1998 still see arguably the best SF in basketball and definitely one of the best defenders that I got to witness. Yeah, he wasn't much of a leader, but hell....he lost MJ and still took his team to the 2nd round without him. He did almost make the Finals in Portland. He is an ass, but was still a great player.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Led the Bulls to 55 wins the year Jordan retired for baseball, so I wouldn't exactly call that crap.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

his leadership skills were questionable. certainly not worth 15 million a year

he worked well in the triangle offense. he wouldn't get so much hate if he decided to honor his salary and position on the team as a leader. he should have stayed for a couple of years with Steve/Cuttino..but no he quit!