1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans and Daryl Morey: A Call for Introspection and Reason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. I believe Adelman is a top 3 coach in the NBA. However, I do not understand all the fans saying to let him coach another year and then find his replacement. The Rockets are rebuilding and Adelman is 65 years old. He would probably not be around in 3-4 years when the Rockets are "ready".

Also, it is my understanding from friends still involved with the Rockets, that Adelman was very lukewarm about having any interest in coaching the Rockets beyond next year.

Adelman was not going to be around long term regardless, I do not understand the doom and gloom that have followed the Adelman departure.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

this might of been beaten to the ground but....

Your not arguing about decisions or moves but your arguing about how to argue.:mad:

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I see what you're trying to say. Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad that you clarified that people can be supportive and skeptical of Morey. Both Group A and Group D are irrational. This is going to get less until we get appreciably better. I don't let that bother me.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Definitely a Morey supporter.

He's not perfect, he has done good moves as well as not-so-good moves. He still has not delivered that defensive big that we sorely need.

Now that you've listed the moves down, it's clear he has missed out on drafting some bigs that wound up better than Joey Dorsey.

For me, he gets a window of 1-2 years to address the holes in our team. Meaning, he has the pieces in place even if they're not fully developed yet.

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I think that Messrs. Blineberry and Soloman have done irreparable harm to this cause by fanning the flames publically. No matter what group you fall in to, you have to recognize that those two have some serious agendas going on.... Soloman specifically is questionable because one minute he writes about loving tmac (who Aldeman sat) then when RA is let go, he rails on Morey for letting him go.. just fanning flames

1 person likes this.
  6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No much argument here, this is another five * thread from BimaThug. I am more interested in your opinion for the new coach. To me, the rockets shall hire current Spurs assistant (young) or SVG (attracting Howard). I think Les and Morey made a right choice for the coach change to go to another direction because of young players.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Never am concrete in any direction unless its proven or unproven. I change with each move Morey does. Todays mistake could be tomorrows success story. I dont fall into any of these groups. After he builds a sold reputation of success or failure then i will start to lean more in one direction. Right now he is not doing well but I hope him the best for next year if he realizes this is his opportunity now that the Yao and Tmac contract eras are over.

8. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

It's just you, Bima (lol)!

But, as noble an idea as your suggestion in this instance is (and quite possibly for any topic debated or discussed here), it may be a bit of a stretch to expect too stringent a model of behavior on ClutchFans, for the simple reason that this is, after all, a FAN site.

There's going to be little, in volume (and this is my opinion, too) that would subscribe to intelligent or respectful discourse here, because of the very nature of being a fan (whether a fan of Daryl Morey or Rick Adleman or Terrence Williams or Hasheem Thabeet).

Different doesn't necessarily mean wrong, as you've stated, BimaThug. And making mistakes doesn't necessarily mean one is stupid.

But often times, this site is one of the few places where the great majority of us will get anything close to a say in what is obviously a passionate core fan base. And brains has never been a prerequisite for passion.

I can (and have, many times) stomached the figurative shouting match, if there was a morsel of truth to be gained from it. It's a learned skill, I admit...and not everybody is suited for it....but it works for me.

But that's just me, too (lol).

You're a dear for bringing it up, though, Bima.

And here all I ever thought you were good with was salary cap numbers...(lol)

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Your right. But this is the view of 95% of clutchfans. They refuse to criticize Morey and make excuses for him when he doesnt deliver.

10. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

First off, I dont like Morey. I'm not going to disguise it. He's made some good moves in bringing in Lowry and Scola. But other than that, his moves have been mostly lateral moves. Drafting Dorsey and JT was horrible. Trading Ariza was also a setback in my opinion too. Yes Lee played great, but we were CLEARLY undersized at the SF this year. If you watch the Hornets, Ariza is playing great for them as a 3rd option (behind Landry:rolleyes:). Realistically, we're in the same position we were a year ago with a roster of tradeable assets that nobody really wants.

It seems as if instead of you guys criticizing Morey, you go after anybody who opposes him. Case in point, Jerome Solomon. We all know Morey lied about using the term asset. Yet Morey apologist attacked Solomon and said Morey "mispoke" as if he's not aware EVERY word he says to the media isnt printed or recorded. My questions to the Morey apologists is,

-"Is it possible for NBA to forget a term he's used on multiple occasions?"

-"If your truly going in a "new direction" , how can you consider bringing Yao Ming back? Especially after how good the team played without him. -

-"After seeing Landry playing in the playoffs, how can you justify Morey trading him and keeping Scola?" Landry DEFINATLEY is a starter and he's proving it in the playoffs. He's younger and has more upside than Scola.

Everything about Morey says sleezy politician to me. In my opinion, Morey's accountability started 4 years ago. What other GM can be given a four year grace period and not be held accountable? Especially after 30 transactions in two years? That's ridiculous. I just wish Morey apologists would stop making excuses and hold this guy accountable.

1 person likes this.
  11. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

1- Dumb of Morey to lie about it. No clue why he did. Also don't know why he was asked that question and put in the position to lie about it, as the term he was asked about and lied about using is a riduclously common term among NBA GMs.

2- I don't want to bring Yao back, I think it's a bad idea. The justification, though, would be if we could get him for a short term contract that is cheap, then it would be a low-risk/high-reward type of move. But I still wouldn't make that trade

3- Landry is averaging 6 rebounds per game and 45% shooting in the playoffs. Scola would do better than that, in my opinion. To further justify it, there's no way Sacto would have traded us Kevin Martin for Luis Scola, because they were in full on rebuilding mode at the time and Scola would not have helped with their plans. I would rather have Scola on my team right now and in the future more than I would like to have Landry now and for the future, but I can completely understand you feeling the opposite of that even though I disagree. The issue, though, is would I rather have Kevin Martin and Luis Scola or Luis Scola and Carl Landry, and that answer is easilly Martin and Scola.