1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This team is fools gold. Superstars win champions.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

They aren't handling it well. If he isn't interested in playing him, WHY are they telling him to practice today? Why is he still being held while traveling with the team? More and more and more.

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

If this is true, then they really did have a big argument

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I love how people were like, "Now everyone's gonna read too much into Rick Adelman not being at Tracy's first practice and blow it up into some big conspiracy" and now this lol

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sad but true

of course the pistons didnt have a "superstar" but their team was made of up several all-star talents i mean the only starter who wasnt an all-star on that team was Tayshaun Prince. heck they were bringing Okur off the bench

6. 1individual

1individual Member

Tracy is a member of the team. What harm is it to give your most paid player a chance to play? He didn't even attend the practice session to see how well he plays. That means he doesn't want to see him ever again. In that case, it's better Tracy moves somewhere else. I say NY, my home state.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Exactly. These guys are professionals who have covered for McGrady for as long as they have been in Houston. They didn't suddenly wake up one day and decide to screw McGrady at all costs. Instead, they realized that continuing to cater to him and cover for him would be detrimental to the team/organization as a whole.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

LOL! I'd think it could be referring to playing Tracy the next game, or this week, or this month, except for the "this isn't going to end well." That clinches it. McGrady is gone, IMO.

9. Asian Sensation

Superstars make it past the 1st round. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  10. spankyou

spankyou Member

Addelman doesn't have an extension yet, does this mean he knows he's going to get one from Morey without playing T-Mac?

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

fwiw i doubt Rick purposefully missed practice for that reason alone. He probably had a serious issue. If he really didnt want to have tracy practice he would have told him so and sat him out.

and from reports tmac has been practicing lightly so its not like this would have been the first time coach had seen him play

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Once it all comes out who wants to bet that the McGrady uniform stunt in Minnesota was the straw that broke the camel's back?

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Then send him home,stop this falsehood. Why do you bring him to practice?
    Tracy is at fault for sure,but management is handling it incorrectly if they want him gone.

14. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

I hope the source is wrong. This is going to become a huge soap opera if he is correct.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

6:53 to 7:22 my time for the thread to reach 100 :)

Just thought I would share.

16. rawool

rawool Member

[​IMG]

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

T-mac isn't a superstar anymore. This roster + co-operative T-mac would have a very SLIM chance of winning the championship anyways. IMO, Morey has a long term plan for the Houston Rockets that will turn them into a championship contending team in 3-5 years. T-mac is not part of that plan. Yao might be. Who knows??

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

if tmac quit on JVG like he did on RA then Im pretty sure that his respect level would drop drastically. the sooner he's gone the better. if it was kobe, lebron, cp3, wade, melo on our team and i had to choose between any of them or RA then it would be tough but an aged, quitting, injury prone, whining tmac? i choose RA and the organization.
    altho, they screwed many a player in the past. and its hard to swallow the Olajuwon to Toronto trade,breaking up the back to back championship team, killing Sam Mack's career by trading him to Vancouver where he was tearing it up and then bringing him back to houston to sit on the bench. the organization is f-d up sometimes but i agree with them on tmac. the guy is a cancer.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well I never said anything specific about tmac. All I said was the rockets with no star players won't get there.

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He is pretty much gone, but they haven't handled it well with him.

I think they are trying to PAY him back from last year, which is really stupid imo.

I still think he has a chance to play it out with Les making Adelman playing him but I doubt it. But if we trade him for a bunch of nobodies, I'm going to be shocked.