1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Reading through all these threads is confusing.

Morey and Adelman needs to really clarify soon or its going to get messy.

If someone is in shape they need to play, if he's not set a timetable.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know much about the business world and I'm just naive about how a business is ran. I guess business as usual, huh?

3. Yak

Yak Member

And by the way, just because Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac doesn't mean that he won't. There will probably be too much pressure on him to hold Tracy out if Tracy is ready to go.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I think Coach A loves how the team is playing and just doesn't want the disruption and drama McGrady seems to can't help causing. I certainly trust Adelman and Morey to know what they're doing.

I'd still like to know how Clutch found out!

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

everyone who wasn't a diehard T-mac fan saw this coming.

Now, lets hope Morey gets something in return from T-mac via trade! Get r' done Morey!

6. worzel gummidge

I think Hayes is one of McGrady's friends on the team. Battier is alleged to dislike McGrady by Doc Rocket IIRC.

7. 1individual

1individual Member

I never though Adelman would behave as such. He had a good reputation for trusting his starters and all-stars. The eye for an eye mentality the Rockets organization have isn't good at all. If T-Mac upset everyone last year, you don't do the same thing. Then they're no different than T-Mac. If the organization is after $ from the insurance only, then they have no class at all.

8. moose

moose Member

I don't see why we can't give the guy a chance to see what he can do on the court. For the sake of the team, can we pass all this damn drama? Seriously, just play him and let's see what we can do from there. The entire organization is becoming a soap opera. For once, I don't agree with RA and Morey.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Indeed. I certainly hope Adelman isn't that petty to just hold him out over a grudge, because this is the type of situation that could *really* come back to bite the Rockets in the posterior in several ways. If McGrady has to leave Houston, it's in everybody's best interest that he does so in an amicable manner.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This drama is so ghey.

Shane needs rest and Mcgrady can provide it assuming he's close to returning. I trust Adelman's judgment about him being not ready defensively, but I hope it's not anything personal.

I don't want to pick sides. I just want the Rockets to win as many games as possible this season. Also, it would be nice to build Mcgrady's trade value, right? Am I missing something?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This will absolutely be the case.....

Richard Justice was probably right when he said that no one in the Rockets organization that is drawing a paycheck wants to see Tmac play, that says a lot.

DD

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Yuck I dont like how this is being played out. McGrady was an arse last year to do what he did. The Rox Organisation is doing what they have to do but its not cool.
    Tmac has carried this team for a long time now, he dosent deserved to be frozen out like this..
    Oh well last years antics have bitten him in the ass!!

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It's not about them, it's about the TEAM.

Adelman and management aren't doing this to spite Tracy, they're doing this to protect the team.

2 people like this.
  14. Yak

Yak Member

I see it as such:

Adelman is a player's coach. He loves his players, All-Stars or not. He respects and trusts each player.

BUT if you burn that bridge of trust(much like Tracy did last year), then you're on your own and you will get the cold shoulder from here on out from Adelman.

Perceive that as you will, but I think Adelman gave Tracy a fair chance and Tmac really hasn't done anything to regain coach's faith.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm not exactly broken up by this news because I like the current team and how they play, but I still think McGrady's skills (when healthy) could add something. That being said, he could also destroy how the team plays. Adelman obviously feels the latter will happen.

Again, I trust Alexander/Morey/Adelman.

16. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Or their pockets, who knows could be anything.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rep earned....

It is all about the team over any individual, chemistry is king.

DD

18. Jimes

Jimes Member

Um, this source better be 100% correct Clutch. Cause this is pretty HUGE news (even if not entirely unexpected). The Rockets almost have to divulge their thoughts since people will be banging down the (talk show) doors to figure out what they're planning on doing. If true, are you sure this info should be leaked anyway (for trade purposes)?

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this is Clutch we are talking about he is poker buddies with Les and Morey. Lose a few small hands and the leakey faucet becomes a gusher.

20. cujo

cujo Member

Good point. Why doesn't Clutch's source just say Tracy gonna get traded. Rick have no interest right now to play Tmac because he does not want to mess chemistry. It may get ugly bcause Mcgrady wanna play soon, and coach is thinking further down the road to get him into the flow of the team chemistry.