1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans]Adelman has no interest in playing Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Freezing him out is counterproductive, in my opinion. I think that would be more disruptive to the team than gradually getting McGrady back in the lineup, showcasing him and trading him in two months. Instead, there will be a bunch of stories, denials and speculation while McGrady pouts. This is a young team and I bet there won't be a small number of them that kind of wonder about the organization if they turn petty here.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Too much reward and still not enough baggage, he will def find a place to play.

3. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

This has become ridiculous. Morey/Adelman need play him or trade him!

4. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

There is nobody really good to trade for except Big Al right now, this is stupid....Swallow your pride and play him already

5. worzel gummidge

The Rockets are still paying him. If they had been witholding his pay the player's union would have more weight. It took Tinsley 16 months to get waived after he was put on the inactive list permanently by Bird.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Now we know what he was texting furiously about when they showed him on FSHouston last week! :)

7. keez857

keez857 Member

Maybe the last straw was already broken some time back. Adelman may have already subconsciously made this decision a long time ago. I hope this isn't true. As a fan, I'd atleast like to see how T-Mac plays with our team atleast once before we do anything drastic.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

McGrady was at fault last year, but the Rockets as a organization are at fault this year.

Can they quit hiding stuff from us and just say the timetable or they aren't going to play him?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It won't happen because the organiztion will simply explain to the team what is going on, and why it is happening, they will treat them like men.

And they know more than anyone else, especially here the depth of issues with TMac....

I doubt it has any effect on them at all.

DD

10. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I personally will lose a little bit of respect for Adelman if this happens. I don't care what happened behind the scene, but if TMac is capable of playing then the coach should not hold any grudges. I like Adelman as a coach overall. I think he is doing is awesome job with our currently active players. I also think that Adelman is probably getting more out of the players than JVG would be able, but with that said I don't think JVG would do something like this to TMac considering how he always had high respect for the guy.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know DD, I guess I'm not really sure what to say right now.

I do not like how the Rockets are handling this. Although an entirely different situation, I hated how they handled the JVG mess with his contract.

I'm starting to dislike the organization for these reasons, but of course I will always root for the Rockets. As long as I like the team that is out there, who cares about the higher powers.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is fair enough, as a business owner myself, I think the Rockets organization is doing exactly the right thing.

Sometimes it is better to roll with someone of 80% of the capabilities and jettison the talented malcontents.

Chemistry and teamwork are more important than individual skillsets, especially when an individual puts themselves above the team.

Oh well, gonna watch and see.

DD

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who is gonna give us anything of use in return for his expiring contract? Let's be realistic. It's in the interest of both Adelman and McGrady to work it out. If RA doesn't want him, send him home. Stop the charade now. There is no use of having him practice,if he doesn't want him around.

I think Les is on RA's side,and matters will come to a head soon in light of this report. Most of the stuff Clutch hears about is usually correct.

14. Yak

Yak Member

If only we had the super fancy zooming technology that all those forensics labs have on CSI, then we could see what he was texting.

TO: David Kahn

Hey Davy, how about we swap T-Mac for Jefferson + Flynn + Rubio + 2010 First. Oh, and I'll even throw in Cook.

Kahn still hasn't responded.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, but I am not sure what Adelman wants from T-mac.

Is it that Adelman just wants him to go away? Or does he want T-mac to as Dada says, "apologize and make amends". Somehow I find that hard to believe.

More likely, Adelman just doesn't want to play T-mac because he's got these guys playing his offense finally and he sees T-mac as a threat to that. And DM doesn't feel like pissing off his coach either. Maybe Adelman said it's me or him.

We don't know. But based on Adelmans comments, I woudl think T-mac will not play in a Rockets uniform again.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If this is true (I trust the source) then you can be sure there was way more grief coming from McGrady than we know about. Rick Adelman is as classy and fair a coach as you will find in the NBA. He's also a winner. There is no way he is saying this unless:

A. He is supported by Les and Morey
    B. He is fairly certain McGrady will not buy into the team concept

The organization, the coaches and everyone else has covered for McGrady for quite some time. They wouldn't throw him under the bus now unless he really, really deserved it.

17. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

RA Needs to just play him until he either...

-builds up his trade value enough to get a good player
    -shows that he can help this team win games
    -shows how he doesnt fit the team

He needs to do something because all this BS going on right now is like a soap opera and needs to be done with. I think it may be time to get rid of TMAC... :(

18. redao

redao Member

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'd like to add that I am willing to bet that the vets on this team don't want him back either.

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha !!!! I havent put mine up in my new office ! Its been sitting there backwards facing the wall cause its in a frame. I'm just waiting to see what happens :grin: