1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Aaron Brooks is back with the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea if Beverly keeps it up you are right, but I don't see Beverly shooting that great for the entire season I do hope he proves me wrong. With Brooks you can rely on him producing that much for the rest of the season and the playoffs. With Beverly on no reason for Brooks to get that much playing time, but when he is off and too chippy, Brooks can hop in.

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Of course. That's why I said if Beverley (or Lin) gets foul trouble, Brooks is our insurance. But here people are saying Brooks will replace Lin/Beverley's rotation minutes immediately, healthy or not. I'm like...wtf?

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Let's say Beverly sprains his ankle tomorrow.

You're good with Greg Smith bringing the ball up the court??

Having a 3rd PG on the roster is a no-brainer. Getting one who is a proven NBA scorer is perfect.

Beverly is very different to Brooks. Beverly is a 'setup man' and penetrator who finishes at the rim, but can't shoot very well. Brooks is a 'shooter' who can't finish at the rim, but can bomb away from downtown.

I'm very happy we signed a 3rd PG, and his name is not Courtney Fortson!!!

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I've been arguing against Brooks taking the established PG rotation minutes under normal circumstances, not dire circumstances like foul trouble and injury.

And believe it or not, Beverley is shooting at a 42.6% clip from 3 this season, a much better rate than Brooks ever shot it.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Brooks did it under a much larger sample size, he led the league in 3s made + did it as a starter as opposed to coming off the bench and just having to shoot.
    Brooks is a better shooter, the stats will mislead you in this case. The reason i would rather have Beverly on the court is his tenacity, chemistry with the team , and the fact he has worked to earn it.

6. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Brooks and Harden backcourt = scoring field day for opposing guards

7. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Brook is an "established" shooter, not the better shooter. Who are you to say Beverley won't keep this up?

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i haven't figured out the reason besides security in case we have injury issues. i know AB is a good shooter but beverley is not bad either. does it mean our FO think beverley is too young to be a reliable backup, especially in playoff? or they think lin is not a good fit with harden? i have too many questions for our FO to answer. let's see how things evolve eventually.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hope he can contribute positively to the team.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Books seems like he can be an "instant offense off the bench" type guy. Although his last year with the Rockets he was frustrated that he lost his starting spot, so he certainly wasn't right for the team then. Hopefully he can play with the confidence and swagger that he had his MIP season.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Brooks and Lin can also play SG. Look the Rockets just felt he was better than what they had as their 12th man, so they made a move. Brooks may get minutes if there is an injury or our other point guards are ineffective in a particular game.

12. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Let's trust the FO to not shell out $25m to a guy who they think wouldn't be a good fit to future ball-dominant superstars that they would pair with him, please.

13. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

I really like that Goran Dragic kid in Phoenix. We should pick up the option on Brooks next season and trade him to Phoenix for Dragix.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm glad to have a 3rd point guard. He might not see any minutes if Beverley keeps playing well, but I feel better knowing we have him if he's needed.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

ego becomes problem with alot players. after a tough career in the last a couple years, has he turned into a different person? mchale will have tough time to figure out what morey is really trying to do with this signing and how playing time is distributed.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

happy for him...so who did we cut...loose???

17. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's because AB is a good get for good price. Sorta like how we stockpiled on PFs earlier this year. Just getting players that are good deals. Besides, AB can help as it's always better to be deeper as long as McHale manages it right and the players stay professional.

18. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

This is great. Always liked Aaron Brooks and think he'll be such a help.

19. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

lol @ brooks being the most tenured rocket on this team

20. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Welcome back, Aaron!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.