1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 5 Thoughts After Witnessing Hakeem The Dream Play Once Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2015.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Take it easy, Doris.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Awesome - love it, and DMo can make that move.

:)

DD

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What?! Lol, dude I hope this is sarcasm. I mean c'mon, dude was dead tired after running up the court like three times. He's 15 years removed from what you are describing when he was in Toronto.

4. alethios

alethios Member

First, it was not meant to be serious, although I do like his game and think he would fit well with the Rockets. Second, I think most people who watched this kid play would think the same thing. No biggie because we have what we need in place already.

BTW, WhoTF is Doris?

5. AFS

AFS Member

I figured he was talking about

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, but he can beat (equal age) MJ at one-on-one, which means he can take the whole Charlotte team, too.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No he can't. Not yet. But if he's willing to work his tail off for 5 years straight, he can. He has enough the tools, but that move is all practice.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's got moves. But in the category of McHale and Scola. He doesn't have that move. Only Melo has that one.

9. napalm06

I was just messing around, too.
    Doris Burke was commentating on the game and said - "once Atentokounpo reaches his potential he will be a tremendous athlete - what a long player. 8 feet of arms" - about 15 times until it became comical. I think it's her go-to to fill dead space.

10. JessieHTX

JessieHTX Member

Idk how serious you are, but Hakeem indeed played in Toronto.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No he didn't.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah jerry bus paid hakeem, thank you money for the great and irreplaceable years he had here... he's sacrifice one season for doing the right thing in his heart

oh wait, our owner is not jerry bus

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The jerseys of African legends Manute Bol, <a href="https://twitter.com/DR34M">@DR34M</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/officialmutombo">@officialmutombo</a> hang above the first ever <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAAfricaGame?src=hash">#NBAAfricaGame</a>! <a href="http://t.co/GEdwD3XoTm">pic.twitter.com/GEdwD3XoTm</a></p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/status/627436291324383232">August 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. napalm06

There are no verified records of that. Lots of misinformation on the internet.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Do they even play basketball in Toronto. Is it played on ice?

16. rocketsmetalspd

Out of all the players the Rockets have had DMo and Scola come close to Dreams foot work. Watching Dream play never gets old and he almost made that other shot on the base line with a nice move turn around.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Her commentary was on cue to suck up to the Spurs and Warriors. Mentioned how both teams have gotten better with their Summer moves in FA. Didn't mentioned the the Rockets had traded for Ty Lawson.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ha, yup certain members of the Charlotte team I know he can beat ;)

19. napalm06

In general, they kept talking about "the West will be so good between the now-healthy Thunder, the improved Clippers and Spurs, and the Warriors."

I'll take it, always flying under the radar.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I recorded the old Rockets games they showed on NBATV this week in honor of the Africa game. I've just started watching them and what immediately struck me was the fire that Hakeem played with. He's in there fight for post position like his life depended on it, demanding the ball, and then beating a TRIPLE TEAM to score. I mean what the ****.