1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 2012-13 Houston Rockets Exit Interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Stop please. Parsons is not going to be a top 50 player of all time. Just no.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He does need more physical mass...can use size and physique just to wear down your opponents...Just look at Lebron...while i agree his good family genetics has a lot to do with it...There is a reason why he is a machine...an indestructible force out on the court..it is all about his post season work ethic, and he works extremely hard...

Same goes for Kobe(thats why i was shocked at how he got injured on a freak play)...

Baring any changes to this team, Chandler can clearly emerge as the true #2 scorer on this team...MJ had Pippen...while it is a crime to mention Harden and Parsons in the same breath as the all time greats...they should use them as examples on what they should try emulating...

If Parsons becomes a lock down defender...and Harden learns to play better defense...This team is extremely close to winning...and winning big...They need to be fiends on defense...and lock down defenders...While I know the following comparison is just a comparison...it would be nice to imagine the big what if...

Asik....Luc Longley
    (Free Agent???)...Rodman
    Harden...Michael
    Lin...Steve Kerr
    Parsons...Pippen
    Beverley...Ron Harper
    Donatas Motiejunas...Toni Kukoc

What roles can Greg Smith, Thomas Robinson and Terrence Jones fill out???
    When does Royce White get cut???
    What about spot up shooters in Delfino and Garcia???

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You are following him on twitter, aren't you? ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pippen, Bird, Penny RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/tyler_cortinas">tyler_cortinas</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a> who was your favorite nba players growing up??</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/331507693942607872">May 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Chandler Parsons must not have been a Rockets fan growing up...Pippen? Really?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's from Florida, why would he be?

He probably knew he wouldn't be a center, so he probably wasn't interested in Dream's play.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Chicago fans did not think Pippen was going to be a top 50 great after his first two seasons either (Pippen is not a top 50 great by the way. Especially not anymore, and I would argue not even at the time they selected the top 50, but that is besides the point).

Truly though -- look at their numbers and look at their games during the first two years they played in the league -- what separates them. And don't tell me Parsons is less athletic than Pippen (keeping in mind that size is a component of athleticism).

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

so that girl taking all those pictures of Parsons...I'm onto you....

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like Parsons is motivated to be the leader of this team.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You've obviously never watched Pippen.

1 person likes this.
  10. albuster

albuster Member

Amen to this. That is the problem of reliance on stats without the context. Pippen, from the start of his career, was already playing with the big boys in championship games. There is a whole world of difference from stats produced during the season and early in the playoffs.
    Watching clips of the Jordan Bulls does not capture their greatness and how truly awesome they were. I was living in Chicago many years before Jordan and during the Bulls dynasty, there was nothing like it, ever. You could literally feel the electricity in the air every game during the Jordan years.
    The Rockets' championship years were also extra special and I can't wait to go through those times again. Waiting for that special moment again is what really gets to me more than the petty arguments about Lin and Harden. Let's talk championship for that is all that matters, no excuses.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Too much ego, trade him.

12. Convictedstupid

Will there be a Harden interview or no?

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Thought he and McHale were going to do the press conference interviews :confused:

Where they at?

14. rocketsmetalspd

Where is the exit interview of Harden?

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely. It also comes out on the court. He never passes to another player during a fast break.

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i know!!! lol....i seriously hope we lock this kid up.