1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] 2012-13 Houston Rockets Exit Interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2013.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Beverley says be prepared for heavy minutes, I wonder if that means we could be shipping out Lin to make room for a couple of signings. That's an odd thing to tell someone.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

one interesting thing mentioned was that Harden wants to set up summer team practices in California and Parsons wants to do the same thing in Orlando after Summer League

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Harden going to give the Rockets a VIP tour of LA's finest strip clubs. In between club visits, they'll shoot some hoops.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So they'll be hooping Back2Back ;)

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes I thought that was good to hear too. And it also gave us some insight in to what most already expected, Cisco is almost certain to be released. Not releasing him limits so many possibilities in free agency. To a lesser degree Delfino and Brooks have to be considered.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Aaron Brooks on meeting w/ McHale: “He just said I was delightful, the best player he ever coached. It was a short meeting.”

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great videos Clutch, Thanks! Garcia really sounds like he wants to come back. After the Rockets make their big FA moves, I bet Morey finds a way to get him back on the roster.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Clutch thanks so much. These videos are feeding my already over-whelming GoBabyRockets withdraw situation.
    Took down my banners from the living room, put the dancing bear back in his place, ( well actually it's a Tiger...which sits next to the bear)and even moved the (sniffle) Christmas Rockets wreath...

Can we make sure that all future Rockets pass through the Patrick Beverly Appreciation machine before entering the club house ?

I luv Summer.......but..well you know....

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

How come you never do the press conferences?

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I usually try to take a month off...in this situation I think I may take 3-4 weeks."

Deep thoughts from Bev. :)

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know the player Chandler reminds me the most of so far -- Scottie Pippen. Both of them came in as good defenders who could guard the best perimeter player and had a well rounded offensive game. If you look at Pippen's early numbers, they are fairly similar to what Parsons has done so far. You add that to some of the highlight games Chandler had this season, and I think that he could end up as good as Pippen.

He has the shot, defense, athleticism, size, play making skills and work ethic to do so. After last season I though I thought he was on the way to being a Battier type player. Now, with the offense, shooting and leadership he showed this season, I think he can be better than that.

Beverley meanwhile seems to be at the stage Parsons was this time last season. He came in unheralded, earned a spot in the rotation with energy and defense, and emerged late in the season as an important contributor and difference maker on the court with potential to be more.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Please Mr. Morey, please please please bring Cisco back next year. He's a vey good player and a great mentor to the young players.

And congrats on your contract extension.

13. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Damn I hope all of our players other than some of 4s will be back.

14. texansalltheway

Garcia and Delfino must be back

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Then your not going to be able to make a run at Dwight in free agency. Sorry guys but Garcia, Delfino, and Brooks are almost certainly going to become free agents.

Garcia is the only one which I could see possibly holding out for the Rockets to make moves in free agency first, and then signing at a later date in July for less.

When Brooks' option is declined, someone almost certainly will pick him up before the Rockets could get him back.

With Delfino, his injury will most likely keep him out till Christmas anyways. His days in Houston are almost certainly overwith unless they want to try and make a run at him around then.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Chandler wants to get stronger.

An admirable pursuit, or is he gowanns to be our stretch 4?

17. pnr

pnr Member

Parsons getting stronger will do wonders for his defense.

18. albuster

albuster Member

Wow. CH at his best. Well done, very well done, indeed. With the history that you just related, I am wondering when we will ever experience the thrill and excitement of the Rockets' championship years. Your post is quite sobering in this regard.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

c*m on now. That wouldnt be fair.

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

hmmmmm.. interesting.

or simply just that they see a lot more minutes for him, whether it's off the bench to sub for lin, or in with lin without harden (they need to cut down harden's minutes), or with lin, harden and bev on at the same time.