1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CLUTCHCITY.NET EXCLUSIVE...YAO MING PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3814, Aug 17, 2002.

1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

He is Du Feng. 21 years old. He is 202cm, I think that is around 6'9".

2. Panda

Panda Member

[​IMG]

Rashmon:

Dat line of Yao, Now, Wow is funny. :D

I also second that Yao look more buff in the arms, also, is it just me or Yao's upper body is bigger than before? Look at that little chest muscle around his armpit in the pic. Maybe Yao's already hitting the weight room.

3. guest

guest Member

Panda,

Ming looks BIGGER and much STRONGER than his friend standing behind him....

4. aznlincolnpark

yup yao ming look pretty buff huh:p

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

guys...i'm so sorry i don't have the video clips up yet. my internet froze on friday night right after i sent the pics to dr of dunk. i just got it up again right now...i'm pretty pissed off...but now i can put together my video clips...i have just over 20 minutes of Yao playin...so i'll do that and i'll put together a highlight reel (i got 4 of his blocks and most of his points.

your welcome for the pics...now for the clips.

6. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

3814, I have server space that I can put some video up at (it's pretty fast too).

drop me an email to john @ losttexan.net (remove the spaces )

7. Panda

Panda Member

That sounds great. Thank you 3814 and Johnny Rocket.

8. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

the 1.5 to 2 minute highlight clip is 71 megs big...i'm tryin to compress it before i send it...oh, and how can i send it to you? cuz hotmail won't allow over a 1 meg attatchment. thanks.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3814, that sounds like raw digital video or something... try compressing it into mpeg format.

10. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

K, i'll split this up in the goods and bads of his game.

GOOD:

he is a great shooter for a big man, during the shootaround he was knockin down 3's and showin his range. he is also a fantastic free throw shooter.

he is a great shot blocker, not only because of his size, but because he has good read on plays. good overall defense. once i get my highlight clip posted (2 minute clip...dont think i'll be able to get my 22 minutes of him posted) you will see that he has great hands for a big man. 2 very nice steals in that game.

he has some impressive post moves, he can go either way and even when forcing the shot up, he has good accuracy. not much of a banger, but he can spin around the defender.

BAD:

does not box out sufficiently, needs to rebound MUCH better, especially when he is guarded by an NBA center.

does not hustle as much as he could. this one play everybody else was on offence doing their play and he was still within the 3 point semi circle on the wrong side of the court...barely walking...and there was no excuse like being hurt or it being a fast break that would surely result in a quick basket.

does not have enough upper body strength, but i'm sure that he will be stronger when the NBA season starts.

OVERALL:

his offence is much like tim duncan. nice spin moves and uses the backboard to perfection...and, when he wants to, he can explode for a big dunk. also has the range of dirk nowitzki or raef lafrenze.

his defense is much like kevin garnett, he can explode for a big block when trying, but needs to put in more effort overall.

i'm fairly sure that he'll develop into a top 5 center within this next year because of his range and the fact that he doesn't need to step up and be a star right away, he can develop in the first couple months under Cato.

11. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

it is mpeg right now...tryin to compress it with windows media encoder...just not workin.

12. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Dr of Dunk...can you host the video? maybe i can send it to you through AIM or YIM or MSN Messenger???

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i'm tryin really hard to get it up...first video i've made with my brand new digital camcorder and software...i've been at it for probably 6 hours now. i'll try and get it up as soon as possible...right now i think probably just the 2 minute 12 second highlight reel will be posted...although i have 22 minutes of YAO footage.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Check your email.

15. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Awwww yaaaaaa, that's the ticket! Way to make this video thing happen DOD & 3814! Thanks in advance for all the hard work in providing the pictures & video clips!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, there's no way I can host a 71 meg file and not be shot for overusing bandwidth (or at least risk it), but I'll try to compress the video to something smaller... :eek:

I can't promise anything as I'm no video or A/V guru (yet), but I'll give it a whirl...

17. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i'm tryin one last thing to compress it.

18. guest

guest Member

WOW!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT...........
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

19. zenithnadir

zenithnadir Member

dang it guys, where is the file?

If you are worried about transfer limits, give me the file. I will put it on my university server - virtually no limits.

divinity@u.washington.edu

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get with zenithnadir... that may be a better immediate option.

I set up an ftp site for 3814 to transfer the file overnight. I'm guessing it went well, but won't be able to look at the file to see if I can crunch it until later this evening.