1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchcity.net 2002 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by The Cat, May 24, 2002.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Dreamshake,

Would Wally, plus Billups and a 2nd rounder(#52) for the #3 pick and Sura, or Foyle interest you?

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Sure would DVauthrin. Except then I have Antawn Jamison trying to play out of position at Power Foward for another year.

Let me ask you if any combination of Antawn Jamison, Foyle or Dampier or Fortson, number 3 pick, and next years first round (not lottery protected. Dont forget were the Warriors here) and possibly even Jason Richardson, would entice a KG and Billups deal? I know KG is "your franchise". But you gotta be looking to dump that Contract. And I believe Antawn can have a career like last year where he averaged 25, and 7 if he got out of Golden State. Heck anyone of my team is available.

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

And I believe Antawn can have a career like last year where he averaged 25, and 7 if he got out of Golden State

He was playing PF because Fortson got hurt in the beginning of that year. He's more of a natural PF.

#83 NYKRule, May 30, 2002
    Last edited: May 30, 2002
  4. DVauthrin

I would need more for KG.

How about this:

I send Billups, Wally, #52, and Joe Smith for #3, Sura or Foyle and Fortson

If you want Nesterovic instead of Joe ill take back Cedric Henderson instead of fortson.

The deal with Rasha id get Adonal rather than Bobby for cap purposes.

or what if NY, Min and GS did a 3 way.

NY Gets
    Danny Fortson
    Chauncey Billups
    Robert Pack/Loren Woods

GS gets
    Wally Szcerbiak
    Mark Jackson-pg
    Othella Harrington

Min gets
    Bob Sura

#84 DVauthrin, May 30, 2002
  5. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I don't think we are allowed to trade players with no contracts.

Also I'm willing to do a three-way that looks something like this (obviously this is just the structure, not the actual trade because GS gets ripped off):

Golden State trades: PF Danny Fortson
    3rd pick
    Golden State receives: SG Wally Szczerbiak
    PG Chauncey Billups

Minnesota trades: SG Wally Szczerbiak
    PG Chauncey Billups

Minnesota receives: SF Hidayet Turkoglu
    PF Lawrence Funderburke
    3rd pick

Sacramento trades: SF Hidayet Turkoglu
    PF Lawrence Funderburke
    Sacramento receives: PF Danny Fortson

#85 NYKRule, May 30, 2002
  6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You can trade picks, even though they don't have contracts yet... I'll allow it.

Also, dreamshake, I know the Warriors lack defense, and I'm a fan of Wally World... if you want to, I can make it a four way trade and throw in Shane Battier for Wally Z.

7. DVauthrin

NYK rule,

What about if you send GS your First this yr and I'll send pick #52 to even it up.

And you can ask for a lotto protected future first or a player you like from GS.

8. The Cat

Also, mduke has just told me in chat that he wants to take the Mavs, so if any of you want to take your chances on getting Dirk you can make an offer. Of course, you'd probably need Tim Duncan to pry Najera away from him... ;)

9. DVauthrin

If we arent doing a 2nd round, then ill send like Maurice Evans instead of pick 52.

10. mduke

mduke Member

I've got Nowitzki, Finley, NVE, Nash, etc. I want to trade for a lottery pick, and/or mid-1st round...mduke@dsoftusa.com if you have any suggestions.

Also Castor, if you'd rather have Bradley than Ming, I MIGHT consider doing that.....;)

11. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Clippers are officially open for business!!!! I'm willing to listen to all offers but am really looking for a point, be it a young, up-an-coming player, or a rook.

Odom, Kandi-man, Maggette, Dooling, McInnis, and Richardson are players I'm willing to put on the trading block....along with the #8 and #12.

Brand and Miles are pretty untouchable, but not off limits.

Let me here some good offers if you're interseted!

To the GM's of the Cavs, Hornets, Kings, & Rockets, I'm interested in all of yor 1 guards. Any trades you're wilng to do to part ways with them????

12. german rocketfan

Trailblazers are officially open up fo business,too!I have no untouchables on the roster,but i would like to move up to select Jay Williams!Perhaps a trade with Bulls,Rockets or Warriors!

Remember,everybody is available!Scottie Pippen,too :) But I think nobody wants him!

I'm interest in PG and a nice C

13. mduke

mduke Member

RNuss: Are you interested in either of Nash or Van Exel? email me at mduke@dsoftusa.com with any offers/suggestions...

14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Bibby, I don't think so, unless I get a lot in return. I'll trade Bobby Jackson though. Make me an offer you would do for either of them, I will consider them.

15. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Nash and Van Exel are good players, but they are not really what I'm looking for. However, I'm still willing to consider one of them. Mduke, you should let me know what you're looking for, and maybe we can do some bizz-nass!

Hypothetically, who likes #8, #12, Richardson FOR Bibby and the Kings' first-rounder????

Remember that the Grizz. traded Biby straight up for "ghetto" Jason Williams....so don't overplay his value.

16. mduke

mduke Member

I've already sent emails to some of you with top picks about this, but I'll go ahead and post here too. I'd like to acquire a lot of the top picks in the draft, and I'm willing to trade EVERYONE. Yes, that means even Dirk, Finley, Raef, Nash, NVE. If anyone with a lottery pick wants a proven player, email me at mduke@dsoftusa.com

17. The Cat

I'm near dealing the 4 pick to Dallas, so I thought I'd give everyone one last chance to bid on it... I could use any position, but would really like a star down low. Gasol is also still on the block.

Note to german rocketfan: If you read this, I would love to trade for Wallace... would you be interested in working out something with Gasol? Let me know.

18. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Everyone on the Heat is available...

19. The Cat

New Grizzlies Lineup:

C: Vlade Divac, Marc Jackson
    PF: Pau Gasol, Don Reid
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Gerald Wallace, Antonis Fotsis
    SG: Mike Miller, Bobby Jackson, Maurice Evans, Rodney Buford
    PG: Steve Nash, Jason Williams, Will Solomon

Gasol still available-- I could package him with Williams or Jackson for a star at the PF spot... or Gasol could be traded for a top 2-3 pick.

#99 The Cat, Jun 1, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2002
  20. mduke

mduke Member

What about Shawn Bradley cat? I know, i know, but he IS better than average in the game.....