1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

clutch: source says rockets want 1 of 4-5 PG's expected to go lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I like his game better than the other point guards in the league. I am not saying he is going to be like Rose but he showed me a lot as soon as he was named the starting pg for Memphis.

Rubio and Curry have questions too. Rubio is young and Curry hasn't played more than a year at point...

So, if they are truly targeting a pg, then any of the one the Rockets end with, they will have their questions...

I am also liking the idea of trading for this pick and then packaging it Morey style for a known commodity. CP3 would be a pipe dream but something like it would not be out of question

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets won't use Tmac to trade for a lottery pick. Tmac's contract is too big. Trading him means we have to take garbage contracts back. I don't think Morey would do that.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i agree they all have questions/weaknesses, but my point was evans' are specifically what we don't want, either because we've had it in the past and were hurt a lot by it (turnovers for example) or Morey doesn't go for it (inefficiency). Evans sounds like ron to me in a way, not that hell play the same, but certain things about him remind me of ron. One is his shot, it's not a smooth jumper, tends to clank it in a lot, which can lead to streakyness much like ron. then you have overdribbling, among other things that remind me of ron as well..

4. cavevato

cavevato Member

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think he's going to be a good player, however - read the posts of certain guys (hint - their monikers start with a "D" and a "j") who see a pigmentally-challenged euro-esque player with vowels in their name and they automatically begin pronouncing him the next ___ (usually, pistol pete, steve nash, larry bird) and then pronounce they made this judgment solely becaue of their pure basketball knowledge. lol.

6. worzel gummidge

Paul Pierce's $20M contract was traded for the 5th pick and Wally's garbage contract.

Morey has shown he's willing to take on multi-year bad contracts like Jackie Butler, Justin Reed, and Brian Cook to make deals happen.

7. Strawman

Strawman Member

Maybe Morey will try to use Rubio + expirings to get the budget-over-maxed Hornets give up Chris Paul?

/dream

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Those are small and short-term garbage contractS. Tmac earns $20+M!!!

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Apparently Rubio and Curry would be better if they had darker skin.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
    Oh the mecca of basketball knowledge you delight us with.

:)

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I think you mean Ray Allen...

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

And, Tmac's contract is an expiring contract!

12. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Half of those traits were steve francis. haha

13. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

This only works if Landry agrees to the trade. Since his offer sheet was matched by the Rockets, he can't be traded until the end of September unless he agrees to it. The trade still works if you substitute Barry in place of Landry.

14. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Damn so no James Harden, Demar Derozan, or Hasheem Thabeet?

Well if Aaron Brooks was included in the trade then it would make sense for the Rockets to try to get a first round PG. Who knew Brooks would get so much attention from those 2 games he played agaisnt the series with the Lakers.

I wonder what the Rocket's are thinking... :confused:

15. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I'm calling bluff, there's no need for another point guard. Aaron brooks was really coming around towards the end of the season and so was Lowry.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm leaning towards curry right now....his biggest weakness is size to defend, that can be overcome by the rockets' team D and his perimeter offense is what they rockets need.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I just have to think smokescreen here. With the way we almost knocked off the Lakers, I have to think that we would want to add a player that would be an impact this year. I dont see any of the pgs doing that. Maybe Harden to some extent.

I guess Curry because of his offensive efficiency could be effective in roles (he would get open shots)

I like Rubio, think he will be good, but I don't know if I think he is going to be that good to where I would forsake getting a player to be more help this year. I think Rubio is at least 2 years from contributing in an NBA rotation.

Would be interesting though.

IF we did this. I would want Harden (even though he is a SG/SF, or Curry) We need scorers.

18. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Maybe he can call up his homie Lebron and have him play for Houston. ;)

19. Chamillionaire

curry would be an asset here, he'd get a lot of open looks, remember the looks that rafer got, well those would go to curry and he'd knock em down. if we do in fact get the second pick, trade rubio down and draft curry + another asset. morey knows exactly what he's doing.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah but l ike someone else mentioned earlier, Brooks' stock is really high right now and they could get someone who fits better...take curry for example, he's not as quick as brooks, but he's kind of the same mold, but most importantly Curry's shot is consistent and he isn't afraid to shoot. Brooks' habit of hesitating was a big problem for him.