1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Fans Moment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Dec 9, 2005.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

So I am at my desk, minding my own business here at the San Francisco VA Medical Center, and the new dude from Purchasing comes over to help me deal with an online thing. Nice guy, been here a week and a half, its all good.

Of course, CF.net is back a few windows behind on my desktop, and he recognizes it. "Clutch fans? Nice! You a Rockets guy?"

Turns out it was Sabonis from the BBS.

It's like, what's next, my boss is actually "thacabbage"? That dude "Gary" down the hall is actually "the gary?" "Jeff" is actually Jeff Balke? Weird,

Have you ever been interacting with someone and found out later they are a CC.net name? Maybe it happens all the time in Houston, but in SF, it was pretty random.

Sabonis: a quick note. I am actually writing this at 9:15 pm, it only gets time-stamped to appear that I visit this website during business hours. Do not get ideas. NO CF.net during work. EVER. We would not do that here.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This IT guy at my old job once saw clutchfans on my computer. he asked me about it and said he sometimes checked it out. but he never told me who he was. I had an idea, but I never asked him.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I had a dream last night that I was chilling with The Cat and Chris Simms.

:confused:

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

You met Yao Ming?

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

A couple of years ago I was arguing with KingCheetah in a thread about wild pigs in Clear Lake only to figure out he was an old friend of mine. It took me a while to figure it out but I did through one of those threads that you put tin your name and it generates a "funny" name. I worked it backwards and figured out his identity.

I figured out Surfguy as an old friend too (watched game 7 of '94 Finals at his apartment) but I didn't tell him I knew and I really gave him a hard time in certain threads. :D :p

And VooDooPope's wife grew up next door to me and I figured that out. That was nuts.

6. updawg

updawg Member

And I figured out you

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I can't remember if I knew who you were already are not. You never post anyway mofo.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I met Drewdog at a bar and we both mentioned this place.

I got back in touch with my childhood best friend because of this place as well.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I didn't figure anyone out. I was tipped off after months of abuse. :(

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I found out I worked and went to High School with RM95's older sister and like Mr. MEOWGI mentioned he discovered he grew up next door to my wife and in-laws (now I know the secret location of the Rockets Patio Bar).

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i had sex with your wife

[​IMG]

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We actually talked about Brookshire Bros. the other day! :)

MM,

Thanks for the Dr. Pepper all over my shirt. :mad: :D

13. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I know this guy named Dave at work that's a really big rockets fan... I wonder if he comes around here.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I met this chick about a year ago at a bar. We talked all night and soon ended up back at my place. After a few more drinks, we surrendered to temptation.

The next morning, I woke up to find a note on my bed. Turns out the chick was actually a guy and his name was Yetti.

Small world.

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I have a close, close relative that also posts here. Other than that, the closest I've gotten is mentioning it at the AAC to some teenagers during a rockets game and they kinda said they knew of CF.net, but... anyway...

And, oh yea... I just saved a lot of money by switching my car insurance to GEICO. :D

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Same thing happened to me the day I met DeAleck in person. I ran into him in a computer lab on campus when I was still in school, and it turns out I was actually his TA.

:)

Wierd stuff.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

b*stard, i got you the job and raise.... :p

#17 Dave2000, Dec 9, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You still w/ev1?

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member