1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutch conspiracy] Are officials punishing the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 13, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on both offensive/defensive rebounds they know they're allowed to get away w/ murder and shove, grab, go over the back at will

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This was the big concern with the missed dunk fiasco. By the NBA literally saying “we can, will and have made baskets disappear without repercussion” there’s is nothing a team can do to win a protest. You just gotta take it, such bs

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yup. It's been awhile since biochem courses, but when I read about WADA bragging about their at the time new test for HGH, specifically its metabolites, I remember thinking that it sounded easy for e.g., Biogenesis, to spoof with a few changes to the HGH preparatory technique. And I was a dumbass undergrad, but no one told me how I was wrong. (Which was a nice change from my usual experience in the lab)

I've got to think a true expert can beat these things in ways I've never heard of. Again, look at Lance: doped to the eyeballs, and if he didn't have a rat in his org (Or some clever SIGINT by the French government---I wouldn't put it past them, as much as French prestige was wounded by this American continually kicking their ass in their national athletic showcase.), no one would ever have any proof he'd cheated. He pissed sort of hot I think only once, and managed to be clean on his second try.

pippendagimp and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was wondering myself if there's a precedent for the review office in NJ changing something during the game that was not questioned at all by anyone on the court.

And if so, why the hell couldn't they have added Harden's 2 points for that damn dunk in SA?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The review rules changed this year. Secaucus can review 3pt shots without the refs initiating it. Any corrections will be made at next stoppage. I'm pretty sure play didn't stop until 4 minutes later.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/11/RC-Procedures-2019-20.pdf

BaselineFade, Os Trigonum and topfive like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I was passively watching the beginning of the game evening while preparing to leave for the evening. Figured i would DVR and watch it in full later. The PJ reversal made me sit down and question everything I thought i knew about the NBA.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s obvious at this point

D-rock likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am glad ref review team in NJ is keeping a close eye on Rockets to make sure their dunks do not get stolen.

Props to Rockets for protesting.

It is paying off.

francis 4 prez and D-rock like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I told ya'll this would happen and it will give us an early playoff exit.

In this league, you can't go against the refs or they will do everything to gang up on you. Refs have too much power in this league and the NBA is terrified of another Tim Donaghy so they will die denying any bias in their refs judgement.

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

not really. steve kerr, draymond, curry, and kd have been complaining about nba refs for years and all the nba did was help them win 3 championships. lebron has also been an outspoken critic of officiating and he still gets adored by the nba and gets away with anything he wants.

11. WestendMassive

Harden had one taken away in an earlier game too

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Cayleigh Griffin is shocked by Referee Corruption, it speaks volumes of how bad the League is. Cayleigh worked for the Spurs and Cavs. She has seen everything except punishment by Referees. No doubt Matt Bullard will tell of his bad experiences of Bad Referees.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets are goung through a China Money punishment, Golden State Warrior Series Referees Written Report Daryl Morey Researched that Older Referees were bad and Younger Referees were better.
    Than the Spurs Made Basket, ESPN all saying Rockets are Whiners, I really wish the FBI Arrest Adam Silver and his Cronies Referees.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I hope Bad Karma reaches the LeBron James Steroid Bald Head Body. Anthony Davis hasnt been injured yet.

The Lakers Lottery Schedule is a Complete Joke.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Kerr - Nike
    Green - Nike
    Curry - UA (UA has been struggling since 2016 and is a distant 3rd in the North American Sports Apparel race)
    Durant - Nike
    LeBron - Nike

Harden - Addidas (2nd to Nike in the world and had been making gains on Nike recently).

Richie_Rich and clutchdabear like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Refs and the league ganged up on us a couple of playoffs ago, without any provocation from the Rockets... so... regardless of what the Rockets do or don't do. The league is f'ing us over.

I'm all for going scorched earth and making things as uncomfortable as possible for Adam Silver.

17. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Talked about a little upthread, but how did Cuban go from, "Your fu*king league is rigged!", after the officiating debacle of the Heat Finals in 2006, to beating the Heat five years later? Game 3 of the 2006 Finals was one of the most atrociously officiated sporting events I've ever seen.

Oh, and in 2018, being able to fade having their front office be discovered as a sexual harassment playground with the Ussery scandal. He went from, e.g., Esquire headlining that,
    https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a...as-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation/

...to basically crickets. Think the Rockets would be allowed to drop out of the public eye is a similar scandal ensnared them? They'd still be b****ing about it and cracking jokes on First Take.

So maybe ask Cuban what the cheat code is for the league office?

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you recall, Harden said, “Nobody wants to see fouls either, god damn it!” that game.

Maybe other teams decided he was right. :)

D-rock likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best post of the thread.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good question. At the least, the refs on the floor must have signaled after the play that it needed to be reviewed . If the on-court refs didn’t do that, then that was truly a strange overturn.