1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[clutch conspiracy] Are officials punishing the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 13, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This sucks but I'm kind of glad this is happening. So long I have wanted Harden to just hoop and not worry about these corrupt refs. Harden has gamed the system and fell in love with it too much. If they arent going to call the game fairly, Harden has no choice but to rely on his pure skill in stead of his skill at drawing fouls.

5 fts is all the fts he will get in the playoffs anyway, might as well get used to it now.

saleem, jboslett, ryano2009 and 5 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. This sucks, but you have to play the game. Morey and Harden need to read the room.

jcf and Nook like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am suspending my judgement until i first hear the judgement of the in house expert @BasketMAD

fckbandwagons and juanm34 like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yes you do. I don’t like it at all and even though the NBA is the most progressive league in many ways, it is every bit the good ole boy network that the NFL is except the good ole boys look a little different.

If Morey really cares about winning and the best interest of the Rockets, he needs to tone down some of his comments and learn diplomacy. I supported Morey sending to the league the report on poor officiating against the Warriors because nothing else stopped it. That was Morey putting his balls on the dresser move. However all the league did was use the media to ridicule Morey, Harden and the Rockets and also made it clear the refs would do the bidding of the league office. At that point he should have accepted it and started playing along to get along. The media would start writing nicer stories and we would be less hated by the officials and league office. Instead we try to load up the Nene contract and were shocked when Silver didn’t just rule against us, but shocked everyone and didn’t void the contract but unilaterally changed the terms to screw the Rockets. That was supposed to be a warning.... then we protest a blown call with over half a quarter left to play and are shocked the league says “too bad”.

Seriously, with Les gone Morey needs someone else to say “That is a bad idea, cut the ****”.

Deuce, CCity Zero, saleem and 7 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cuban has done such a good job navigating the NBA politics, he was allowed to skate by while his whole organization was caught in a huge harassment ring in the meat of the #MeToo movement.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a big Morey defender and lover of his dad jokes on social media, even I realize he has to chill out for the Rockets to win now.

jcf and Nook like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

games 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7 of the 2018 WCF were openly rigged and i can't recall morey having done anything of note to anger the league office into doing that. bottomline is harden's the biggest threat to the script/screenplay being directed from the top every year. so rather than kiss silver's b**** ass and become a willing participant in this fuking charade, i'd much prefer morey to just throw facts out there for the world to see instead. for instance, i'm sure a stat report on 3's being retroactively removed by secaucus would make for interesting journalism. my guess is there have been only 2 instances in the 73yr history of this league and both just happened to affect one team.

9. Nook

Nook Member

This should be concerning to Rockets fans. The Rockets are going to pay as extra attention is being paid by the league office.

Someone should pull Cayleigh aside and ask her if she wants to work for an NBA team after this year or not.... because if she does she better know her place and just smile and say how great and wonderful and fair the league is.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Right, except the media wants to be able to have access and coverage from the NBA and those in the media that don’t go with the league wishes are not rewarded. So Morey will lose that battle.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have almost zero faith we'd get a fair whistle against LAC or LAL in the 2020 playoffs no matter how well we behaved anyways. so might as well broadcast the rig

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you're right, the overwhelming majority of the media are $2 whores who aren't going to jeopardize their access. but morey still has twitter. let him go nuclear with that :D

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. jcf

jcf Member

Well, I was completely agreeing with Nook and Dream. (No idea whether Nook is the Insider that folks appear to believe he is -- I take him as just a good and frequent poster.) And then this.

This kind of speaks to me. Deep inside.

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. macan

macan Member

if they can take away PJ's 3 like that..why couldn't they awarded us Harden's basket in that spurs game..#thisgameisrigged

15. jcf

jcf Member

Um, they could, But chose not to.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@macan you are in the clutch conspiracy thread... why indeed.

macan likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It's time to take it to the Supreme Court.

Our founding fathers saw this coming.

FBI investigation and then off to Supreme Court we go.

nemac likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

More right than we know, I'd bet. He turns 35 at the end of December. Still playing at a high level. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on some form of chemical assistance. I'm also guessing that the NBA's drug testing regimen is hardly WADAs, and you'd have to be a complete dumbass to piss hot.

Just ask Lance Armstrong.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

HGH

20. rockets13champs

Tim Donaghy is right there is a clear agenda by the league because of the ratings. Silver is doing anything in his power to get the Lakers to look like a super team. Late game situations u see clear fouls on the lakers but it is uncalled because the league clearly wants them to be in finals

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.