1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch City Fantasy Basketball is BACK for a another season- [Sign in thread]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LonghornFan, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

LF, you played in 4 leagues? Dayaaam...

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

What about starting a keeper league next year? Keep 6-8 players each year, keep the same managers, I'm in a couple keeper leagues and I love them.

Pugs

3. Rockets34Legend

I'm up for it. We can keep the same 2 leagues - this one and the one I created. The managers - we just have to find out who is consistent in playing and who is just there to show up and leave their team there.

4. pugsly8422

Yeah, I don't mind keeping the same managers, but I'd like to do another draft. We could do a snake draft here a month or two before the start of the season. When your drafting keepers, you definitely move a lot of guys around due to their age and potential. It's probably best to keep a lower number of players (I don't know why 6 stands out) so that each year we can do a redraft with all of the other players, and the lower teams will have a better chance to improve because better players will be available than if we kept more.

Pugs

5. Rockets34Legend

Well, I've been in a CF Yahoo Leagues for the past 3 years (2 as commish). There hasn't been a consistency of who has played in all the leagues for the past 3 years. If I look at all the email addresses for each team in all the leagues I have joined, there are only a handful of players that have shown up to play. But then for them to stick it out for the whole season, that's a different problem.

6. pugsly8422

Yeah, I'm guessing if we can't get some of the managers to come back, we just make a post saying how many openings we have, and either assign each team a number and draw for each manager or do it on a first come first serve basis, each new manager can pick which team they want based on availability. I think it would be worth a shot, as long as we have at least 6-8 managers that we know will be back and competitive.

Pugs

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm game for a keeper league and I've pretty much signed my life away to this message board, so I plan on being around for quite a while.