1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney with Season Ending Injury (microfracture surgery, out 9 months)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tenchi, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Because the consensus media and fan base wanted Clowney and felt that he was the right decision so they're not going to burn him at this point.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

My guy Aaron Donald is looking mighty fine...

Many laughed when I said he'll be the best defensive player of this draft. How do you like them apples?

3. Buck Turgidson

Go eat a ****ing cookie, nobody cares about your amazing pre-draft talent evaluation.

If you had skills, you wouldn't be talking to us.

1 person likes this.
  4. Remii

Remii Member

Yup... I remember you being big on him. Hindsight I wish the Texans would have traded back with Buffalo and drafted him. Would be like having two J.J.'s.

5. Raven

Raven Member

B.U.S.T.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

totally... the thing about Donald is... he's an absolute football head (just like JJ). he lives/breathes football. those are the players i want to build my team around. he's already so much fun to watch. oh well. i think rick gets his draft evals from espn or something, lol.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I will agree to disagree with that speculation.

8. Remii

Remii Member

He's a high motor guy. OBJ, Mosley, and Martin are guys I wouldn't mind having also if they traded back. They had choices. They may have missed the boat on other rounds as well. But it's just the 1st year so the players the Texans drafted still have a chance to prove them right... I'm not holding my breath though.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm not gonna hate... I'm just gonna shake it off and view this as getting two draft pics next year...Woooooooo!

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

heh, i was talking to remii... but, thanks for calling my draft eval "amazing".

if you contributed something to this forum other than hostility towards other posters, it might mean something.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, this sucks -but it does prove that the injury was serious and he isn't being a 'diva' since he is having surgery.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Get all his ailments fixed now!

Rib cage?
    Bone spurs?
    Sports Hernia?
    Knee?

Don't forget about his head and heart either. :p

I'M KIDDING!

14. Bandwagoner

[​IMG]

do I post too many pictures?

15. Buck Turgidson

I actually just noticed something cool about you 3 Musketeers:

Bobby join date 2013
    Remii join date 2013
    Htown join date 2013

This part of the bbs was good before and it will be good again.

16. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

So it's way too early to call JD a bust.

Is it disappointing that he didn't perform up to expectations? Yeah
    Is it disappointing that he was injured/never healthy this whole season? Yeah
    Can we call him a bust right now? Absolutely not.

I think what has hurt Clowney is his past. At SC, the ol' ball coach called him out for his lethargy during his senior season and rightfully so. JD is a product of the overhyped, kid glove-coddled modern athlete. JD has relied on his God-given ability all thee years, and in the NFL, everyone is good. That being said, JD has the ability and athleticism. Does he have the heart? That remains to be seen. It's difficult because we all look at the players drafted after him and judge JD based on their success. Then we have the all-Pro, all-American face of the franchise, JJ Watt who can do no wrong and lives and breathes the game of football. It's not fair to JD to judge him against those players, we have to judge him based on what he has done here, which hasn't been much.

If the guy isn't healthy, then he can't perform and I refuse to label him a bust at this point. As my favorite radio host says,"attendance is part of the grade." At this point, the grade would be incomplete. At this point, I hope that JD has successful surgery, rehabs well and comes into next season with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove the naysayers wrong.

17. Bandwagoner

your favorite radio host said today that Clowney's grade is F and F is for Failure

18. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Yeah, I heard him say it today.

While I disagree, he is entitled to his opinion as we all are.

Clowney has not been on the field to show what he can do, so I'll reserve opinion until I see him "fail" on the field. JD's "failure" to get on the field is a failure for the Texans as they have gotten essentially nothing from JD or the rest of the draft class.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't blame me for those two frittatas. Also, I'm making a concerted effort to simply ignore really really stupid takes in Texans threads so that there won't be any controversy.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]