1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney with Season Ending Injury (microfracture surgery, out 9 months)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tenchi, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which injury are we talking about? The torn meniscus or the cartilage damage? The awful turf was absolutely responsible for the torn meniscus....unless we are to assume that Clowney lied on the field to Swearinger, and there's no reason to think that.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lie implies he knew the truth and tried to deceive. He said he stepped in a hole, video shows he didn't. If it felt like a hole, it might be because his knew failed.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I trust what the player said he felt over looking at grainy film that doesn't really tell anyone the consistency of the turf below his foot. Either way at this point it's moot. Once the lawsuit is over, I'm sure they'll change the turf and hopefully it'll happen before another high profile player ends up hurt.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It's not grainy film. It's a top of the line HD Camera. The punchin makes it blurry but it does not distort the shapes.

1) The foot was perfectly perpendicular to the ground. It landed flat and his knee buckled.
    2) Clowney was looking straight in front of him. He had no idea what was going on below him. The force of his tendons tearing and likely giving into his weight might have given the sensation of stepping in a hole since was not looking at his foot at all.
    3) No journalist that follows the team ever cites the hole. I will take the opinion of Mark Berman over yours.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20140...meinfo|contentId:0ap3000000390995&tab=analyze
    Look at it for yourself. His foot was angled down while in the air and then clearly falls flat when it hits the ground. If he landed in a hole then his foot would have maintained a similar angle. You're wrong guy.

#404 Brando2101, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, exactly my point, this highly pixelated image doesn't show me what the consistency of the turf was like and doesn't show if there was any unnatural give to the playing surface....but apparently you think it shows you that so well you are willing to think that you know better than the guy who felt it.

Can't argue with crazy.

6. Brando2101

Man dude........

1) He wasn't looking where he was stepping
    2) Pixelated doesn't mean it distorts shape. Watch the video. His foot hits a flat surface and flattens out.

He didn't see what happened. I absolutely believe that it felt like he was falling in a hole but what he really felt was the tendons in his knee tearing and his leg giving in for a second.

#406 Brando2101, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

When I tore my ACL the first time playing a game of 1 on 1 with my friend I thought he hit me in the knee. He wasn't anywhere near me in reality. Who knows what happened with Clowney, but it doesn't look like the field was the issue.

8. Brando2101

This goes beyond depressing into the morbidly funny. Colts offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus had micro fracture surgery and offered this opinion of Cloweny's comeback bid.

"He's screwed."

A colt is the last guy that is going to be optimistic about a Texan. Still a funny read.

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts...rilus-colts-jadeveon-clowney-texans/20265145/

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

10. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Before the draft I felt the Texans should of drafted Khalil Mack.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, that sucks.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fantastic commentary.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I disagree...terrible grammar.

I can't believe people still say "should of".

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I'm okay with departing from correct spelling/grammar when it is used to create such vivid imagery and informative tales. ..but to each his own.

15. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

At this point, Clowney is a sunk cost. We (as fans, as an organization, etc) need to move on just as we should've with Tony Boselli all those years ago. I feel bad for him as a person, and as Texans fan, I'm thinking about what pass rushers we can add to compliment JJ in the next draft.

Goodness, can the Texans catch a freakin' break?!

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No one to blame here, just some old fashioned Texans bad luck.

Got to pray for better luck.

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

18. conquistador#11

we're acting like this was the team's fault. the organization loved the potential of pairing him with watt and how uncomfortable they'd make every qb feel, look at the bills with that front seven. almost every team would have taken clowney with that pick.

19. Raven

Raven Member

We'll know what the Texans really think about Clowney if they draft another pass rusher next year.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't see them doing it early when they will have holes elsewhere. I see them going after a receiver to be Hopkins' long term partner.