1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney with Season Ending Injury (microfracture surgery, out 9 months)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tenchi, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Should've taken Khalil Mack

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I think it was either Clowney or trading the pick.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts...rilus-colts-jadeveon-clowney-texans/20265145/

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I still think Clowney was the right pick and if we had to do it over i would hope they would make it again... You cant blame him or the FO for his knee blowing up

1 person likes this.
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

This would not have been as bad if the Texans had either traded back into the first and also gotten a QB or snagged the best QB available in the second. IF the Texans miss the playoffs by one game, would any of the rookie QBs not named Bortles or Manziel been enough to get them over the finish line?

Ultimately, the Texans are mediocre and have always been mediocre except for a couple of seasons where Foster played like a God. There's no reason to believe that anything will improve until the owner makes fundamental changes beyond hiring a new coach.

7. Remii

Remii Member

I'm sure the rookie defensive player of the year Baby Sapp (Donald) thinks that's as funny as I do... I'm sure Mack, Watkins, OBJ, Mosley, and a few other rookies are laughing as well.

8. Breaker

Breaker Member

colts suck gor one year and got andrew luck

we suck for all existence but 2 years and got this crap?

unbelievable

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

God's plan.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Grandpa Bob's plan.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

what does that even mean... Clowney was the most talented player in the draft, everybody in football knew that.

How can you say he is the wrong pick just because he has an injury? Every single one of those guys could go out this Sunday and get hurt and their career could be over. Would that make them bad draft picks? If JJ Watt would have blown out his knee in his rookie year would that have made him a bad choice?

Do you think that everyone who isnt immediately successful was a bad draft pick? You can make the right pick and there are a million other factors that can prevent that player from becoming what you envisioned.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yeah. The only players that can really be mentioned are Mack and Bortles as the possible Texans selections. Aaron Donald went 13th so there is no way he was ever in the running to go #1 overall.

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

and bridgewater

14. Major

Major Member

When you say "if we could do it over again", it assumes you have new information. If you didn't have any new info, of course everyone would always make the same decision if they just repeated the same exact thought processes. But knowing that Clowney had a pre-existing injury that may affect his whole career, why would you still pick him #1?

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

because if you redo the draft a thousand times and you redo this year a thousand times im willing to bet more often than not Clowney would be the best rookie.

Was he hurt on draft day? because unless i'm missing something and his knee was shot when we drafted him he was still the best choice at 1.1

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And Vince Young, and Tim Tebow.

17. Major

Major Member

Yes. The working theory is that his knee has likely been injured for a long time now and he was just playing through it his last year in college. It was just never found until they went in and did the meniscus repair.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

total BS. LZ surveyed 10 teams after the draft, and 5 did not have Clowney as their top player.

clearly he was not this "shoe in" 1.1 like a lot of people make him out to be.

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

this is a shiity situation so i dont want to make light of it but im not surprised that bobby will stick to the narrative that the field is responsible for clowneys injury..

20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Man that is amazing