1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney to Seahawks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that’s the problem ! You’ve gotta be supportive of your home town team but if they could care less about winning because all the seats are packed on Sunday this will be the trend.

Blurr#7 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Amen brother

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Kenneth far"weed" gone! Now clowney is a goner. At least we getting rid of the bad hair cuts!

4. Fantasma Negro

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Tilman trading Clowney for Luxury Tax Savings. CHEAP!

Von Rafer and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares?

DD

Williamson likes this.
  7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

clowney gonna ride with Russell Wilson, the 30 million dollar quarter back.

Clowney get less pressure with Russell Wilson at the helm!

8. Fantasma Negro

I only **** with Cowherd when it feeds the narrative I support

#68 Fantasma Negro, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    conquistador#11 and Uprising like this.
  9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Ray Lewis with a basketball.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You ever see Sam Clancy? He was a basketball player from Pitt. Anyway, wasn't drafted in football, but did play some ball in one of the NBA under leagues at the time. He was on the team from Billings. Probably 6'7, 290? Ripped as hell. When our guard caught his outlet passes, it pulled him forward about 3 feet. When he went in for a rebound bodies just scattered, like bowling pins.

He ended up playing some defensive end for the ... Browns? Anyway...that's what Clowney would have been like. Similar to an enforcer in hockey. Except Clancy was primarily a basketball player...didn't even play college football. So he had b-ball skills. Clowney has the athleticism, but skilz? Probably not. But if you wanted to send someone in to send a message, and just scare the other team out of the paint? He'd be your guy. 5 minutes, 5 fouls, 3 injuries inflicted. :)

For Clancy, one game, he got into a scuffle with an opposing player, and ... broke his face. Literally. With his elbow.

When asked about it after the game, he said "He 'bowed me, so I 'bowed him back. He 'bowed me again, so I 'bowed him back. Then he said somethin', so I decked him." Broke the guys face in multiple spots.

Anyway, reminiscing about the good times watching that team. Lots of NBA talent on it...and we got to get seats right behind the basket. But seemed like a perfect analogy to your question of what Clowney might have been like...if he could play basketball.

#70 BigDog63, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    awc713 likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Texans got shafted. they got a half -ashe line backer and a cornerback in return. if the corner back last name not "Jackson" and first name not "kareem"...then it was a worthless exchange! 3rd rounder! smh.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This thread is so weird. Half of us are making fun of it and the other half are posting very seriously.

raining threes likes this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

should be satisfied with wanna-be play-makers after our only play-maker got tired of making plays for us. Now clowney will be making plays for another team!

14. vonbock

vonbock Member

The rockets and texans have one thing in common. They both have gms who like to make dumb trades. Both love trading away 1st round draft picks for for overvalued players

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"I know exactly what we need to do"

- James Harden

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Fire Bill OBrien

Lots of parallels here with the rockets...actually not. People thought we mortgaged our future for Russ Westbrook? Well at least we are in a contending window.

Houston just mortgaged their future for a left tackle and they are no where near contenders. Then we gave away our 2nd best defensive player without getting a high draft pick in return.

Texans need to hire Daryl Morey

napalm06 likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

He chokes

He has no rings

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol this is such a misconception. First off, the NFL shares revenue. Yall want to blame the fans but look at the front office. I'm sure they want to win. They just are not very well run. Look at teams with crappy attendence that still suck ass. Doesn't matter if fans show up or not if the front office is incompetent.

We like to crap on texans fans for always packing the stadium but its just easier for fans to goto one game a week on a Sunday afternoon vs multiple evening games during the work week

raining threes likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would rather have Jeremy Lin coach the Texans than Bill O'Brien.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Man ! How did I miss this ?

The rockets defense is really gonna suffer this season