1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clowney hurt

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jay713, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which one? Clowney or Bridgewater?

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

O'Brien on Clowney's status: He's doing well. He's on pace to be back here when the doctors said it would be 4-6 weeks, maybe closer to 4

Pittsburgh it is.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Not knocking Clowney yet but Teddy B actually did something in his start last week.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

So did Clowney in his first start: 1 TFL

5. Nook

Nook Member

"Yeah we fixed the front end issues, but now she is leaking oil. Maybe you can take her for a spin in a few weeks. She doesn't run often but what a beauty."

1 person likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he had a good game against very likely the worst defense in the NFL before getting hurt. It's too bad it looks like he won't play tonight because the Packers secondary would be his first actual challenge in the NFL. Maybe he'll get the job back next week against the Lions so we'll get to see if he can do it against a decent defense.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Get used to it..... he has missed 0r been limited in 40% of possible games the last 2+ years.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The one who...

actually got hit when injured.

played the following week.

hasn't had 3 injuries including 2 surgeries the past couple of months.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL so the one that had a fluke injury due to a shoddy field rather than the one that is made of glass? Gotcha.

10. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Claiming Bridgewater is "made of glass" is pretty hypocritical based on your defense of Clowney's injury... They were both fluke injuries that could have happened to anyone.

Plus, Clowney has a much more extensive injury history than Bridgewater. I don't believe either player is "made of glass," but at this point in their respective careers, it is most certainly Clowney that appears to be more injury prone. Again, it is way too early stick that label on either player.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Teddy B passed for 300 yds vs the 2000 Ravens you would still find an excuse to bash him. We know you don't like him but give the guy credit on his first ever start.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, I think a non-contact injury due to a hole in the turf is a lot less concerning than a QB that doesn't seem to be able to take a hit at the NFL level. That's just me though.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did give him credit, he had a very good game against arguably the worst defense in the league. That's giving him credit. If he did so against a good defense, or even a decent one I would say that instead.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I guess it was a matter of time before this thread turned to Bridgewater. I wonder what would happen if Manziel was actually playing.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same thing, Manziel fans and Bridgewater fans are pretty much the same. We'd have a ton of "Texans fans" bashing the organization for not spending their first pick on him if he ever completed a pass.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Clowney getting hurt without being touched is not a red flag for you??

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People just have their weird obsessions about newly drafted players. They go "in" on a guy and for whatever reason common sense can't be talked with them.

I do agree, although both injuries were fluky, at least TB's involved contact when another guy rolled on his ankle.

Tearing things in the knee during a non contact situation , on a fairly "simple" play is a little worrisome. Not to mention the other minor issues he's had.

I wish people would stop getting into the pee pee matches with "their" guy. It's not a zero sum game people.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Clowney's issues on the lower half have been attributed to the bone spurs in his ankles.

I hope that those were removed while he had meniscus surgery, but something tells me that it didn't happen.

I think that injury could have happened to any one, and the fact that it was removed says that it wasn't a bad tear what so ever.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this is such a stupid comment

did you not see the lions player that was NEVER injured in his carreer and tore his acl of a celebration? injuries happen dont be an idiot

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course it is, the field has fundamental flaws that are a red flag to me, of course some dismiss that for whatever reason.