1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock starting on Dwight Howard's departure from Orlando?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Felece

Felece Member

While our players may seem to be a fit made for Dwight.

I dont think Adleman's system is anything to do with it. Good passing bigman...

But TBH I'd take anyone as a headcoach if we manage dwight with our current lineup. We'd absolutely tear apart the league. Dwight Along could prob mask AB/Martin/Scola's failure on D

2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Personally as far as Adelman's system, I didn't think Yao wasn't a great passer either. He is a career 1.6 assists per game compared to Howard's 1.5

But yes, I agree 100% he would absolutely mask/transform our defense. Orlando went from being one of the worst in the league in defense to one of the best before and then 2 or 3 years after drafting Howard.

3. foodworld

foodworld Member

Dwight isn't getting a better supporting cast on any other team unless he plays for the minimum. Have to say I lost respect for him after calling out his teammates recently and hinting to the media that he wanted them gone.

4. echu888

echu888 Member

Howard will end up with the Lakers.

The appeal is just too strong, the #1 franchise in basketball history, relevant throughout NBA history, and relevant today.

5. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Fixed! :eek: :eek:

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dwight has had a better supporting cast than most stars for most of his career.

tmac? yao? lebron in his cavs years? and i can go on.

if dwight can be as dominant offensively as everyone thought he can be, he could have won with those guys.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Am I the only one that thinks that the trade vastly improved the team?

Hedo played his best ball in Orlando, They got a younger version of Vince in Jason Richarson and added a fantastic bench scorer in Arenas. I actually think they sacraficed a little in defense but this team is definitely more talented top to bottom than Miami.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they are definitely better offensively and deeper ON PAPER.

but can hedo be the hedo of 2 years ago? i doubt SVG will give him the free rein with the ball like he did 2 years ago. and it appears jameer will be the PG still. secondly, he didn't play that much better with phoenix where the style of play suits him more.

if arenas can score more efficiently, he can help the team. but the magic need a playmaker off the dribble when howard is doubled. arenas is not the answer.

jrich is definitely an upgrade over vince. he's the only one i think they got a steal with in this trade.

9. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

No way Howard would come here. How are we an improvement over his situation in Orlando? We do not have an all-star for him to tag team with. Perhaps he could be interested in the work ethic we have here, or perhaps the idea of all the chinese fans...but I'm not seeing it.

I also think the idea that Orlando has to win it all is inaccurate. If they manage to take out either the Heat or Celtics in the playoffs...departure isn't going to look that attractive.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

All three of them sucking it up so far.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

RicBucher

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

^^ That is sick but not sure how to they could make that happen. Unless they do a Gasol type deal, i'd be shocked if they could pull it off. Bynum would have been a name but unless that fool can stay healthy and play at a high level, don't know who else the Magic would even want and the Lakers are already capped out for 2012-13.

13. Garner

Garner Member

I would vomit if I saw Dwight in a Laker uniform.

Band Wagon fands need no more ammunition.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yao backing him up for 2 million a year

WHOOOOOP

Rocket River