1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers vs. Grizzlies - 2012 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Grizzlies in 4

2.3%
  2. Grizzlies in 5

6.3%
  3. Grizzlies in 6

32.4%
  4. Grizzlies in 7

30.1%
  5. Clippers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clippers in 5

3.4%
  7. Clippers in 6

15.9%
  8. Clippers in 7

9.7%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Yea, Conley is a very good player. One bad game shouldn't detract from what he had done all series. A lot of players had bad games today.

But still, game 7, your best players got to show up. Memphis didn't. Clip's didn't either. But their bench did.

Anyways, this series stems from game 1.

2. gah

gah Member

1. Yes, I wish he was the one from last year, that doesn't stop him from being the most salient culprit.

2.Conley, more often than not, failed to make good decisions under pressure.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So conley or lowry? Which would have helped the grizz more?

4. what

what Member

The grizzlies never play well in super early games. I think if the nba would have made the game a 7:00 PM tip off, it would have been a very different outcome.

Going from a game that ended 11:00 PM to a game that started at 12:00 PM is just ridiculous.

I would have rather played on Saturday Night in a back to back in the Lakers slot and than do what the nba did to the grizzlies in this game.

5. gah

gah Member

:eek:

Maybe I had too much expectations on him, but in my eyes, he was mediocre overall most times it mattered most.

6. gah

gah Member

That's not where the fever is. Go take a nap, you must need it.

7. what

what Member

Well I trust Sam Cassell over you. :eek:

8. VBG

VBG Member

1. Playing through injuries is tough. They needed the inside game. Z-Bo was a beast rebounding as well.

2. Conley is averaging 15.3 points, 7.5 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.5 turnovers. He’s shooting 47.6 percent from the floor, 55 percent on 3-pointers (11 of 20) and 75 percent on free throws. He’s played 27 seconds more than Paul in the series.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I still can't believe the Grizzlies are gone. They choked away a playoff series.

10. gah

gah Member

I retract from saying Conley had a very mediocre series, those numbers say I was over-generalizing but my disappointment with him in those key moments remains.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Missed the game (mother's day obligations). What the heck kind of catastrophe was this game?

I'm still trying to figure out what happened via boxscore and playbyplay.

12. Jet036

Jet036 Member

I think I know of one guy who'd do that...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LjCGlsoRMAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This game is on Lionel Hollins imo. Playing Gilbert Arenas, even for a few mins, was a mistake and Clips took advantage of it. Keeping Gay out for so long in the 4th qtr with him being your most consistent offensive option this game who had got it going in the 3rd qtr was not a smart move. Waiting until there was less than 4 mins left in the 4th to bring Z-Bo back in was a mistake. I'm not sure what he was saving his players for, there's no game 8. Also, at some point, you have to tell OJ "I never met a shot I didn't like" Mayo to stop shooting or yank him. Hollins should have played Cunnigham more and Mayo less and got creative with his rotations like Del Negro did. Vinny definitely outcoached him this game and it cost Memphis the series. I never would have thought that I would say that VDN outcoached anybody, but it happened.

14. Franchize

Franchize Member

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Let's be clear about the implications of your post. Cassell allegedly wanted Wall to watch Conley because they are both "speedsters." It had nothing to do with what he thought of Conley's overall skill versus Paul's.

Furthermore, that Cassell wanted Wall to watch Conley was never confirmed (it was according to a "league source") whereas there are direct quotes confirming the story that Cassell wanted Wall to watch Paul in the playoffs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...playoff-notes/2012/05/08/gIQAYVLr9T_blog.html

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You sure have a lot of excuses for the losing team. You can make one for the Clippers not closing this out earlier for every one that you give for the Grizzlies not winning the series. You just sound bitter and confused.

17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Again, this is all hear say. Not much to place your trust in.

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

[​IMG]

19. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I don't even like the Clippers, but you don't see Clippy or Clips/Rox fan talking out of their behind in this thread. Just imagine if Memphis won...

All of what's reasoning and justifications are invalid. How sweet it is.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zach Randolph, he mad.