1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers vs. Grizzlies - 2012 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Grizzlies in 4

2.3%
  2. Grizzlies in 5

6.3%
  3. Grizzlies in 6

32.4%
  4. Grizzlies in 7

30.1%
  5. Clippers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clippers in 5

3.4%
  7. Clippers in 6

15.9%
  8. Clippers in 7

9.7%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can someone tell me how Memphis blew the game today? From the box score, I can discern:

1. OJ Mayo was the main reason the Grizzlies lost he was 1/11 and -23. What a total disaster.

2. Conley shot wasn't falling. Blowing his awesome game 4 killed the Grizzlies.

3. Tony Allen did a very good job on CP3 when they were matched up.

4. Reggie Evans, Mo Williams and Bledsoe carried the day for the Clippers. Nick Young did too. Those 4 made up for the deficiencies of Griffin, Foye, Jordan and Butler.

What am I missing? Someone please put some meat on the bones. Thanks,

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

They don't stand a chance. Funny how people think they can win vs the spurs. The spurs have a better team and pop straight up destroys del negro.

3. what

what Member

You mean this:

4. RedNation

Parasolid, if you don't come up with a sig, I'll keep mine

5. RedNation

I hate you what. I told you to cool it down :( :(

Eff the clippers.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL your credibility is not at its peak. I won't be taking this statement too seriously.

ALSO, you're moving on quite quickly I see? Don't be so hasty, sir. There is the issue of your signature after all!

7. gah

gah Member

Parker vs. Paul will be interesting. Paul is Mr. quick-hands but he is not exactly a lock down defender.

Why call the Spurs overrated? Is it because they were the most consistent team this season? Is it because they were the team that has breezed its way to where they are right now? Is it because you think it makes you look cool?

I'm one to think they or OKC will only proof they are for real only if they get to the finals but all I've seem is the Spurs being underrated by me and a bunch of people up before this point.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Ah there it is. Don't worry I'll come up with one. Be patient!

9. RedNation

The grizzlies almost came back from 3-1. Can't predict an epic collapse by all the grizzlies in 1 game. What a catastrophe. Too bad the spurs are too good for that.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Please see bold and put as #1 reason

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

We'll see. We'll see. I trust in player-coach CP3.

Until then, I want to enjoy watching the Pacers beat the Heat. Peace out.

12. VBG

VBG Member

1. Agreed.

2. Conley was getting great penetration but nothing was called in hte paint.

3. Bench was teh difference IMO

13. what

what Member

The grizzlies never play well in early game starts. 71 points? I think that might be the lowest point total of the entire season.

The grizzlies missed so many point blank shots and when OJ got the steal nobody even ran back.

We were clearly fatigued.

But I'll hand it to the clippers because several times in the 3rd quarter we tried to take control of the game and couldn't do it.

Hats off to them.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was rooting for the Grizzlies at the beginning of the series but then What made me switch because of his arrogance. Good luck with that Rudy Gay contract!

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well well well. Not to mention that stupid post bringing up the Lakers/Hornets series as to why Memphis would win this series.

16. gah

gah Member

You'd have to watch the game to get any meat here, I just think the CLips played with more determination. Few personal pointers:

-What I previously wrote about Randolph.
    -Conley had a very mediocre series, and because he gave into desperation in quite a few plays, he played almost as bad as Mayo today.
    -Speaking of the devil, that's quite a way to go into restricted free-agency.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

nick young was > oj mayo this series

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Spurs stand for everything he is against. That is, unselfish and non-egotistical all-stars. He roots for the douchebags.

19. VBG

VBG Member

What the hell?

1. Z-Bo is clearly hurt. Playing through it. They just don't get publicity since they aren't the LA team.

2. Conley played great apart from Game 7. Mediocre series? Wow

20. what

what Member

Conley was the best player for the grizzlies the entire series. Sam Cassell thought so much of Mike Conley that he took John Wall to game 3 & 4 of the grizzlies clippers game. Wall said yeah I want to study Chris Paul. Sam said, no, study Conley instead.

People who know very little about Basketball criticize Conley's play. The dude was a beast in every game except game 7.