1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers, the worse franchise ever?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cipherous, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

This year, I thought the clippers would actually be a decent game but I was wrong. With all that talent, I am not so sure how they messed up so bad. I mean, next year, they're screwed. Odom, Kandi and Brand are gonna be free agents! I know Kandi and Brand are gonna want the max not so sure if Odom can get the max just yet. But basically, the clippers are screwed.

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Tonight's win over the Kings will be the highlight of the season for them.

3. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

4. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

That's nothing new really. The Clippers have always seem to have the talent to do well at the begining of most of the past 10 seasons but end up continuing to be the worst of the worst. Every year they get all their fans hyped up at the begining of the season saying that they have the most talented team they ever had and than bam, they totally collapse and trade or loose all their best players and start over again with a new talented crew which they say will need time, but they never give the team time to develop. The talent is their but their time there isn't.

As long as Donald Sterling is the owner they will never keep any stars longer than their rookie contract. Every year, and I mean this, every newspaper in Los Angeles does a special 2 to 3 page article on how bad Donald Sterling is as an owner but the guy just wont change. He's strictly a businessman who treats his team as a business, I honestly believe he doesn't care if they win or not, he's not a fan, he's here to make the most money and spend the least money he can and that's the way he does his business. He's the worst to me in terms of being a Professional Sports owner. I have never seen him publicly say anything about his team, good or bad. Players always complaint about how cheap he is and a few x-players say they would recieve their check a few weeks late on a regular basis. How can anyone want to play not knowing when they are going to get paid. A few years ago he didn't even want to play in the Anehiem pond which was new at the time and all 8 games that they played their a year were sell outs but instead of paying more money to play their he chose to play at the LA sports arena which was the oldest building in the NBA built in the 50's or so and regularly had the worst attendance. He lied when he bought the franchise just to get it by telling San Diego he was keeping it there than moved it right when he got it.

I don't really blame the Balyor or the coaches or anyone else in management as much as the owner really beacuse they are tide down with Sterling in their flexability. How can you expect to win in the long run when you don't even know if your star players and future necleus are going to be their tomarrow. He had a team like this a few years ago with Danny Manning, Ron Harper, Mark Jackson, and a few other stars and a great coach in Larry Brown but traded it all or lost it all in one year. This year's team is such a similar situation I all ready know what's it going to be like next year. A whole new team of rookies to start this process with agian. I bet most of the team now is playing to show other teams their abilities to join next season and not to show Sterling how good they are so they can get a raise to stay. I truely hope I'm wrong and that the clippers are going to finally keep their star players and let them develop into a playoff team but history repeats itself esp with this owner.

5. bajabill

bajabill Member

LAC have ONE MAJOR fatal flaw, no outside shooting. Zone, Double the posts, triple the posts....the LAC cannot shoot well enough from the outside to open up defenses. SAC out of bravado, apparently, decided to play straight up man to man....given that, and decent outside shooting for a change, the LAC can play with anyone. But, their only true 2G shooter is on IL and Miller is not worth guarding beyond 15' so teams can totally disrupt the LAC front court attack......A shooting PG(probably never) and Pike back at the 2G(couple more weeks) and the LAC would be as good as predicted.