1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the Spurs team are really looking forward to playing the Rockets too

2. Asian Sensation

Spurs.

Not only will they be a great measuring stick but we match up better against them with a fully healthy Dwight.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Multiple positions. I've seen him on CP3, JJ, Jamal, Blake and Patty (I think) at various times. At least we have Ariza to throw at Kawhi... Clips have been forced to put Jamal and/or Austin on him, and you can guess how that worked out.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

as we've seen in the Clippers/Spurs, just 1 free throw miss down the stretch can be the difference between a road win or a home loss. Our bigs better be shooting over 1000 free throws a day until the next series starts.

5. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Spurs, even if it just for the fun of a game. Versus Clippers would be a series full of hacking, flopping, crying, tantrum throwing, ugly, slow, a lot of reviews and bating us into technicals if there ever was one. If we beat the champions, that would say a lot and would have me very confident going into the WCF.

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

The main reason we lost to the spurs

1 dwights limited minutes
    2 hacking missed free throws

I remember leading in the last 2 games before the hacking started.

I hope we can counter this time.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were a net positive when they started hacking, actually, If I recall correctly.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nothing would give me greater joy than seeing the Rockets eliminate the Spurs. That would be the equivalent of winning a championship in my eyes.

9. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

I think we have no chance against Clippers, which is just bad bad matchup. If I had to choose, I would rather take spurs next round

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The worrisome thing is harden averaged right around 20 against both teams. Both pretty low, so they definitely have something there. Either matchup is going to be a true test in my opinion.

I think we go into each matchup as under dogs at the end of it all.

11. vince

vince Member

If clippers get eliminated by the Spurs, this might mean the end of Doc Rivers as coach of the Clippers.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Spurs

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yXhRFnUn72E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agreed.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If I want to win the second round, Clippers.

If I want to beat Golden State in the third round, Spurs.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

Them going to 7 games would be nice.

I want Clippers because I can go to a game in LA.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I voted Spurs earlier and still want them. Oddly enough I think the Rockets will play better in the second round. Even though they won the first round 4-1 they looked tentative, even scared at times. Perhaps not Smith or Howard, but the rest of them including Harden oddly enough. He had good numbers but he didn't look relaxed or in a groove. I think that will change. Also, our ancient PG's will have a better change against a tired and slightly gimpy Tony Parker than Chris Paul.

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I want to Clippers because the Spurs are just too disciplined and too good for so long. Clippers are still a dangerous team for us and has caused us plenty of headaches in the regular season but I feel they are capable of 1-2 boneheaded plays every once in a while.

Spurs won't beat themselves like the Clips would. They'll make you beat them. And as a relatively young and inexperienced team without much recent success in the playoffs, we have to really lock in and play a PERFECT series to beat the Spurs. They won't just give it to us that easily. Let's not forget, they are the champs for a reason.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Do we have the home court advantage against both of them?

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yes, they do.

The excessive hacking in a series vs. the Spurs will set the NBA back 50 or so years to the days of no shot clock and ugly basketball.

1 person likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yes :)

1 person likes this.