1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im not scared of them honestly, especially watching them against the clippers.
    the clippers have the worst role players in the playoffs and are a couple plays away from having won 4-1.

they are not as good as they were last year IMO. kawhi is a stud though

2. SemisolidSnake

We're done. That's it. Dwight's been an alpha male out there and, without him, we have no rebounding, and you just double or triple-team James to shut down the rest of the team.

That's why I'd prefer he be beating up the Spurs in the paint than trying to fend off Jordan and Griffin.

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I want the Spurs. For some reason I believe we can win. I'm hoping the Spurs win in 7 games. With injuries to key Spurs players I think we can grind it out.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With 111-107 game 5 win Spurs up 3-2, game 6 in SA on Thurs. Game 7 (if necess) would be Sat in LA. Game 1 at <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Rockets">#Rockets</a> on Mon. regardless.</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/593292082317430784" data-datetime="2015-04-29T00:53:49+00:00">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Why are people saying "If dwight gets hurt"

If dwight gets hurt Rockets are screwed vs both teams

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Shaq and Chuck just said we would have a much more favorable matchup against the Clips because of their lack of depth. Spurs would out-coach us and have championship experience, etc.

7. adobo

adobo Member

I was pointing out to another poster that Hack-A-XXXXX strategy exposes our terrible FT by our big men.... I believe our backup Dorsey and Capela are serviceable if those guys can actually hit there FT's....

If we have to rely on Howard to play 40mins a game since everytime Capela or Dorsey comes in, the spurs go on Hack-A-XXXX strategy....that puts more chances of Dwight getting hurt....

So please don't tell me the Hack-A-XXXX strategy does not work...it works against us very effectively unfortunately

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And I agree with them. The Spurs bench is really good. And they don't beat themselves unlike the Clippers.

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

It's a shame we are worried about the spurs cos of free throw shooting, tells me we could beat them outside of that hack a strategy

10. adobo

adobo Member

Of course we can beat the Spurs/Clippers...but having bad free throw shooters just makes it that much harder

11. Mprice

Mprice Member

2 nights ago I had an awful nightmare that featured Khwai Leonard, I want no part of that. Clippers.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Tough one, but I'm happy the Spurs have the edge. I'd rather play them. Yes, they have the bench, coach, experience, etc. But I think our squad matches up better against a deep team of older, more rundown, not-so-great (at this point) guys than against the top 6 Clippers. Really really do not want our remaining PGs defending Chris Paul. Also not optimistic about guarding Griffin or boxing out Jordan. And Crawford has our number.

Next to that kind of talent, veteran smarts are overrated. Accept the hacking, practice the FTs, limit the TOs, and let our talent overpower theirs in individual matchups.

13. Harden's beard

I want to be the Texas champions, period. Yeah it's selfish but I want the spurs, especially living in San Antonio. I want to be able to go out in my rockets jerseys and let the spurs fans know who beat them. TNT showed the total point differential against the spurs and it was 0 even though we were 1-3, where we were still negative vs the clips at 2-2.
    Also watching hacka whoever >>>>>>>>>> flopping crybaby pansies.

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'd rather face the Clippers. Put Ariza on Chris Paul. And let the big guys battle inside ... DH12 vs Deandre & Jones/Smith vs Griffin.
    They don't have a bench outside Crawford anyway.

And I want a contest 'Hack a Jordan' against 'Hack a Howard' ... :grin:

The Spurs are a different animal in the playoffs ... crazy and very deep team.

15. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I really dont get how any of you could wanna face the Spurs over the Clips, unless yall little kids who just started watching basletball.

The Spurs are the best team the NBA have seen over the past 16 years, they have the best, smartest coach in the league, top 3 best/smartest coach of all times. They have probably 4 hall of famers on that team. They gave the Miami Heat the worst beating I have ever seen a team take in the finals last year. They been to the Finals the last 2 years in a row. They been to the western conference finals TEN TIMES in the last 20 years, thats half the time. Tim Duncan if the best 4 of all time, has 5 rings, and still plays like a superstar at 54 years old, the list goes on and on....

And yet some of y'all scared of the CLIPPERS???!!!! :confused:

1 person likes this.
  16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

FWIW. He has a heavier load on offense these days... wonder if that's contributing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here’s a weird one. Opponents are shooting 11% better than normal with Kawhi guarding him in this series. <a href="http://t.co/GpUtpwR71t">http://t.co/GpUtpwR71t</a></p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/593220070169423872">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Harden's beard

Not scared of either team... Just wanna win Texas baby!

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I just don't want a full series of Heliflopter Griffin throwing his body everywhere and CP3 doing the same.

19. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Doesn't matter. We will win.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Haven't been watching the series. Who is he guarding?