1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This. It would be an unwatchable series. And those missed foul shots could cost the Rockets a game or two.

The Clippers have a weak bench. Plus Paul's never been past the second round. I'd rather take my chances against him than the defending champs.

2. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I have no idea, both will be so damn tough to beat..

I just hope their series go to seven so we get more rest.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Spurs:

1. There are few more painful feelings in sports than watching Chris Paul flop against your team with 2 minutes left in the game.
    2. Aside from this year, the Rockets match up much better against the Spurs than the Clippers. Blake Griffin and Chris Paul hit you at your two most vulnerable positions.
    3. James Harden is a veritable Spurs killer. Remember last year's sweep of them? That included like two Harden game winners in the closing seconds. Remember the OKC-Spurs series? Yeah.
    4. None of those dreadful hangover games from Harden due to being in LA

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The team that win G7.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Spurs.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It doesn't matter its going to be tough either way.

We are going to need a 100% focused and unpassive Harden. No more knee passes!

As a team make your FTs and just play tough D

1 person likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clippers. Will be a dogfight, BBS will be b****ing about Redick/Crawford (and way lesser degree, Barnes) being "God" and "can't miss" but I'll take my chances there.

Spurs, nah. Great team, deep team, great coach, need to play smart basketball or they capitalize on your mistakes. Rockets don't play smart, low turnover basketball. Need to be precise, Rockets are not. And Pop is gonna just hack the hell out of all of the bigs. Enjoy that I guess?

Only "advantage" to Spurs would be another round and not having to leave the state of Texas & no late starts. (Houston still somehow got 8:30 starts at home vs. Dallas so...)

#27 J.R., Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have changed my mind. I wanted SA before but now that I think about it I prefer LA.

I would rather have Barnes being the primary defender on Harden as opposed to Kawhi if we play SA. As mentioned by someone else, LA won't be as aggressive the the fouling either. Plus at the end of the day I fear the SA defense in the playoffs more.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Good arguments I agree.

Thankfully the series will go at least go 6 and with luck 7 with a few double OTs as well.

10. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I voted Spurs, isn't Parker struggling??

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Spurs: 1) Because Matt Barnes will for sure injure someone. 2) Everytime pop does hack-a-shaq it just hurts them.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Rockets have a 35 pct chance to beat the Clippers and a 24 percent chance to beat the Spurs in the Conf Semis according to ESPN's BPI.</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/593255860907974656">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I'd rather the Rockets not face the Spurs Machineā„¢ in the semi-finals.

14. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Does that mean the Clippers have a 65% chance of beating us and vice versa for the Spurs? Cuz that is some BS.

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

honestly i dont want to play san antonio because they will probably overuse hacking and it always gets me irrationally mad and makes the game not fun to watch (and doesn't help that our team can't hit their stupid free throws)

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard on Spurs/Clippers series: For us I don't think it matters who we play. Whoever we play it's going to be a tough series.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/593259120624435202">April 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rip: He doesn't want to play against Duncan. Duncan can get under his skin. Pop does a good job defending key guys. He'll lock in on Howard & Harden. It's the Clippers. DJ will match up with him and be aggressive. He wants to go against a guy who doesn't flop. For him, going against DJ and the Clippers.

IT: I agree. Against SA, he'll have to play defense. With DJ, you don't have to guard him with post play. You do have to watch for lobs. Jordan would be an easier cover than Duncan and Splitter.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Spurs. We have nothing to lose, they have to defend their title. When push comes to shove Clips play physical all day, in which only Dwight can hang with. I feel like Clips play in a "cheap" way. Spurs are more clean, more our style.

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Would rather face the defending champs and be the Texas kings. I have no respect for LA and would be frustrated the whole series

19. hoopball

hoopball Member

how is this even close? of course the clippers would be the better match-up. wake up, people!

20. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Almost entirely irrelevant since it doesn't take into account past and present injuries.