1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live at 2:00pm CT -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clippers make promise to Aminu...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Promise to Aminu?Posted by D.J. Foster On June 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm

From Jonathon Givony of DraftExpress.com:

“Al-Farouq Aminu reportedly canceled his workout in Detroit. He much prefers going to the Clippers. Has a promise from them. Pencil him in.”

There are still plenty of wild card teams drafting ahead of the Clippers, but it sounds as though Aminu will be the selection at pick eight if he falls to that spot. We’ll have more on Aminu and his scheduled workouts as information becomes available.

http://clipperblog.com/2010/06/22/promise-to-aminu/

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

I think Babbitt would be a good fit too for the Clips...

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGkeATdPrRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGkeATdPrRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Man his jumpshot is so nice..

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, another thread hijack with the Babbitt mancrush. Something else. ;)

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Man it'll be really funny if Babbitt turns into Brian Cook v2. All the Babbitt hype reminds me of Dejuan Blair kool-aid this board drank during last year's draft. All that belly-aching about Blair being a "future allstar" and how "DM will regret passing on him!", while ignoring the fact that he's undersized and he has a huge medical red flag. I'm sure DM's crying himself to sleep at night passing over Blair's 7.8 pts and 6.4 rebs.

Just like Blair, Babitt might turn out to be decent but I highly doubt he's going to turn out as good as most of the guys think he will. When almost every scouting report pre-combine results mention his lack of foot speed, it makes me doubt his ability to keep up with the big boys in the league.

5. bucket

bucket Member

Blair played only 18.2 minutes a game. His per-36 minute numbers are 15.4 points and 12.7 rebounds, which is actually quite good for a rookie. I don't have any opinion about Babbitt, but Blair might not be the best example for you to have used.