1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers just turned Heel on the entire NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a little validity to this explanation. It seems DeAndre was not happy with Fegan pressuring him going to Dallas. Fegan has been working for Cuban for awhile now, not his own players. Fegan should be taking the brunt of the heat for this.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Does this remind you of ... Portions?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rockets are still the heel by far.

Media is as media does.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Good point about Fegan. I wonder if he gets extra cash from Cuban.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bosh could have done something similar to Houston, not as blatant or 'in your face' kind of stuff as Jordan obviously

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why it is news when a player does call the team to say he is leaving. Was Jordan a b**** when he was leaving LA without telling LA to their faces? No. Is he one for not talking to Cuban? No. The b**** is Fegan, who is amazingly eschewing the critical eye of the public in this mess.

I am so glad to see the Fegan/Cuban deal fall apart. I've already added the Clips to my "pull for" list for this season.

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am so with you on this.

But I don't know if ESPN wants to jump on this angle as they may fear cutting off "sources"/a tip line from agents.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

DJ's move keeps at least one LA team relevant in the NBA which is what the media needs so they're ok with everything. This whole fiasco is like a bizarro version of Dwight's signing. Thank goodness it didn't involve the Rockets.

9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Doc is spinning things. He's a terrible GM and a lucky coach. How does a GM/Coach not know that his star center who is demanding a max contract wants to be featured more in the offense until he signs with another team.

Otherwise it's on DJ. He should have told his agent and his coaches his wants. He's a grown man. Players like this have been coddled their whole lives because people know they are going to make millions in the NBA during their prime. If they keep acting like this then they should worry about what happens when their careers are over.