1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

clippers hired Mike Dunleavy

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by user, Jul 11, 2003.

1. user

user Member

Conference:
    http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/dunleavy_pc_030711.html

On his goals for the first season

“The goals for the first season are to instill a winning attitude and effort. The style of game that I would like to play is more of an up tempo style. I like defensively to mix up my game a lot, to use if your personnel dictate’s it; you can extend your defenses and do a lot of rotating and trapping. I like to push the ball and get every opportunity for easy scores. Also I would like to create a half court mindset that when it comes down to grinding it out that you can win ballgames. Ultimately in this league, if you’re going to win come playoff time you’re going to have to defend and rebound and execute when it comes down to crunch time. It is a process but it’s not one that we can’t get to.”

Bad defence, poor rebound and looked lost on the court, don't look good for WZZ. Well, those are never pretty to any coach.

Stay at the post and stop shoting 3s!!!

Why did WZZ let those 6'10" PF own the post?

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

Wrong forum...even if it does talk about ZhiZhi. You'd get more comments & response in the NBA forum.

I think it's a significant move in that I don't think he would've take the job unless he had some reassurances that the Clippers would keep some of their talent.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

when you can't play defense thats what happens.

4. user

user Member

I was talking about his own teammates. If you read the Toronto game recap:
    And wang had 4 3pt attemps. I guess since Chinese NT has Yao Ming as starter 5, Wang trys to be a Toni Kukoc type of player, yeh, yeh, I know there is a Dirk Nowitziki who is 7'0" and shots 3s.

Last time I checked, WZZ was still listed as a 5 for clippers. At this rate, Wang will be at the best a bench warmer in NBA.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well...I will agree with that part. I like Wang's game, but he doesn't do enough of the little things like playing hard nosed basketball that you need to succeed in the NBA.