1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers are trying to get KG and become more unlikeable

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Feb 3, 2013.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trade makes a lot of sense to me. Clippers need to unload Bledsoe before he walks anyway, and Garnett helps them immmediately with title contention. For their part, the Celtics' hopes are over anyway and they need to dismantle their roster. It's iffy they make the playoffs, and assured they'll do nothing special if they make it in; and the window is just about shut on their old guys anyway. They probably won't get a better offer than Bledsoe for KG at his age and salary. I don't think they should wait for the trade deadline either -- the sooner they trade vets, the better. What if they wait a week and KG gets an injury?

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Please do it and Clippers bet be giving up a lot! Clippers will be most hated team in history.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aoump9j

Starting 5 and sixth man for each team:

Rockets
    Lin
    Harden
    Morris / Delfino
    Jones
    Howard

Celtics
    Jordan
    Gasol
    Parsons
    Lee/Bledsoe
    Rondo

Lakers
    Asik
    Patterson / Hill
    Pierce
    Kobe
    Nash

Clippers
    Garnett
    Griffin / Green
    Butler
    Crawford
    Paul

Or the Celtics could take Asik instead of Jordan if they prefer to save money.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atg6thx

If the Celtics are considering sending Garnett to the Clippers for Odom and Bledsoe, then they want to rebuild. Parsons and Jordan are good acquisitions for Pierce and Green for Gasol is a wash considering their contracts. I think this trade helps them compete now and skip the rebuilding phase. Once Gasol's contract expires after next season they have young players and a lot of options.

The Clippers get Garnett and Green who will benefit playing with a PG who can stretch the floor. They Clippers are in win-now mode, but they are likely to lose Bledsoe in FA which isn't good for any team that wants to compete. Green can be what they hoped Odom would be and some (don't underestimate what it means to play next to Paul). I think Green would benefit the most out of everyone in this trade. Jordan has been good for them, but they won't need him with KG, Green, and Griffin manning the front court.

The Lakers finally get rid of Gasol and get an all-star in return. I think they are worried they might lose Howard, and Asik is prime. Patterson over Gasol is a smart decision as well considering their salaries. Overall, this team would still compete with the best and having Nash distributing the ball to Pierce and Kobe (whoever's hot) would be fun to watch.

The Rockets have to give up Asik, Parsons, and Patterson for Howard. I guess we would only do this if he agrees to re-sign with Houston.

Same trade minus Gasol and Pierce: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I don't know about the source, but Sean Deveney is -- or at least has been -- reliable, yes.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think this trade deadline will shake things up for many teams, but not the Rockets. Morey finally has a star player, depth, young talent, and cap space. He might make one trade.

It should be interesting to see what the Lakers do, as well as the Celtics.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Nuggets also trying to get KG, but he has no interest in waiving his no-trade clause to go there.

7. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

KG says NOOOOOO!