1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clinton Cash -- Everything for sale. EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jul 26, 2016.

1. TheresTheDagger

Tell it to John King.

2. TheresTheDagger

Bernie was against it...until he was for it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q8usH-wgCS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's your cynicism by the way, not actual evidence of her being influenced by paid speeches she gives which is very common.

Also it should be noted the Clintons take no money from the Clinton foundation, they did make a 1.8 million dollar donation though. Not sure why if a foreign gov't gave money to the foundation it would be influence with Clinton's. It might get them a meeting, I could see that.

It's not Trump's words only that are an issue, it's his stances on issues and his proposals. It's also his history of failed businesses, lawsuits, and things like not sharing his taxes. It's also that he is the biggest liar in the world.

For Clinton people attack her over her emails and Benghazi where the report didn't find she did anything wrong.

You're buying into the right wing propaganda my friend.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I've been through the third-party thing, thank you. Remember the salubrious Nader influence? Let's call him Nadir from now on.

Trump called our NATO commitment into question. He said South Korea and Japan should get nukes. He has his head so far up his ass.....

Trump's wife already committed plagiarism and he's not even president. You're on some honesty kick? The freakin Trump supporters on this board are emboldened to flat out lie, spout racist opinions, one guy even said he is going to shoot millennials to death if Clinton wins. I'm not worried about Clinton's honesty level. I'm worried about Trump telling America it's OK for everyone to release their farts to the world and be proud of them!

"Write Trump's policies down on paper"??? Ha ha ha. I challenge you to try. He has no policies to write down. 1) Blow off NATO. 2) Get tough. 3) Build a wall on the Texas border. 4) ?

My reaction to Trump is not visceral. Read his words. He is shockingly stupid, self-centered, ignorant (different from stupid), sexist, nationalist. . . . On top of which, he is a terrible manager of organizations.

So, we have already seen Clinton's bad deeds? Great. I'll take more of her bad deeds over Trump, yes I will. That guy is the stupidest, ****tiest major-party candidate of my lifetime.

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I bet you are young.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well, I bet you are wrong. I mean, we can bet money through PayPal. . . . $100?

7. michecon

Haha. You are already making mistakes young people make: Challenging to enter a bet without even knowing what the definition of young is. That's what my college students do.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dayum I never thought of that! Well, I'm still ready to bet $100, if you are, and then we can submit it to the posters of this thread to vote whether I am young or not when I disclose my age.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump's policies are superficial and paper thin. His website has things in writing. Presumably if Trump didn't want to bog his mouth breathing audience down with details, that would be a good place to flesh out policy.

Of course, Trump(R) isn't about the details and more about the rage and distrust of the establishment and its failed responsibilities. That's why you're suckered in. You're "not really a Trumper" but you'll pin hopes that like a bet on a craps table. You think you might roll a seven when the house odds have always been against you and your gut tells you so.

Well government is more than just about fake walls, removing rapist Mexican illegals, and Muslim looking immigrants. It's about the jobs, but what kind? You can't feed families with "trust me, it'll be good" jobs. How's he going to spur innovation? Business. Uhh...tech innovation? More business, tax cuts of course.

Seriously, wtf is he going to do for the 5,000 other pressing issues that people take for granted and aren't festering ****piles? Sell it off and make it great again?

10. michecon

Right. I've had enough fun today. Getting $100 isn't going to add much more fun. So I'll just show you what maturity is. Have fun.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude you gave up an easy $100. I mean, Sir.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I agree. He has just stated some high level things he will do, which I outlined (the wall, trade deals, etc). But that he hasn't leaves even less room to talk about how bad his policies are, doesn't it...wouldn't we have to know what they were first?

Pretty easy to take a craps roll when the die on the table are snake eyes. You almost have to improve.

And I always enjoy it when others make statements about what I think...because they are almost always wrong. I don't know why people assume sort of clairvoyance into my thoughts, but their ouija's are always off. Making their statements about what I supposedly think just silly. You claim to have some clairvoyant knowledge of my thoughts, yet you have almost no knowledge of me whatsoever. Interesting.

I don't have rage. I do distrust the establishment. Ironically, all this stuff coming out about Clinton does nothing but justify that distrust. Anyone who DOES trust the establish is the one pinning hopes where hopes aren't justified. Our government is good at making itself bigger. That's about it. Name me one major problem they've solved in the last .... 50 years? All this debt, and so little to show for it. If someone does trust the establishment, they're not paying much attention.

Renogiating the trade deals, bringing more manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. Which Hillary hasn't really laid out any plans for...other than policies cutting lots of coal mining. But having discussions like this is relevant. Pointing out the many flaws in Trump's policies is good discussion. Sweeping the many issues Hillary has under the rug is not.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Great! Global warming is solved, now! Awesome! Alert the press.

Because if all you've got is just 'The Republicans of the 80's weren't nearly the science deniers that they are today' after tens of trillions of dollars spent over the last three decades, and that is your proof of belief in the establishment.....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

If you are trying to say it's solved, hardly. Interestingly, there are relatively low cost, low tech methods to actually solve it. Has any government implemented those? No. Have they even actually talked about them? No. Why? Because the establishment doesn't really work for solving problems. Why solve a problem that billions of dollars can be generated from discussing it? We could make global warming ..disappear. But we don't. Why? And why, when we could, but don't, does anyone have such faith in the establishment?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fair enough. I projected because I read the same things written for "I'm not a Trump supporter, but..."

That republican voters chose Trump as the FU Washington vote is bad timing.

As for the government bit, that's a bit exaggerated isn't it? Clean air and water compared to the days of acid rain and when rivers like the Mississippi were on fire. Cleanup of neighborhoods that turned out to be garbage dumps with toxic chemicals. Kids that don't have to grow up with lead poisoning and have a lesser risk of getting smashy for no reason. College education through the gi bill or other generous government grants. A national highway system that connected the us in unimaginable ways and further enabled the American Dream through cheaper location mobility. The elimination of public banking panics because of national insurance coverage of personal deposits.

All this is off the top of my head of things people take for granted and expect the government to maintain.

Automation will take away more jobs than manufacturing. There's no easy ideas for trump there. Most of the manufacturing jobs coming back are powered through bots and drones that doesn't really help out blue collar workers. Hillary is docked here for the devil you know and giving out comprehensive details of what her jobs plan would be.

All trump can say is that he ran a business. Well that business leverages marketing and branding not unlike companies that outsource the physical and direct labor of a product only to be finished with his name or logo stamped on top of it.

Plus the conflicts of interests should he win are blatantly enormous and go beyond the ambiguity climtons have with their foundation. There's plenty of reports on that. Just have to find a source that aren't powered by creepy pathetic ads.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And there lies the corruption. Corruption of supporting the poor, the weak, and the less fortunate.

In my little world, those things are very important and is part of what kind of people the Clinton are.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You asked for a single example. He provided a very good one and you went crazy.

It's the Ozone layer issue, not global warming.

Ozone layer issue was identified by scientists and political concern about it started in the 70s. It was a major political issue back then and both parties in the US and the world worked on regulation to solve the problem over the next nearly 20 years. The US banned CFC use staring in the 80s and the world follow in the late 80s. It was the first international agreement to solve a global issue. Very significant accomplishment and showcase what working together can do.

There were plenty of press coverage about it back then. People that worked in the AC industry were well aware of the ban of CFCs. There were absolutely push back but the key is there wasn't an effort to fight science and so the problem was well understood, the challenges were on the table and people were willing to work on solution. It wasn't easy, but it show what happen when policy are NOT based on science denials.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

We keep throwing stones at each other about Trump this and Hillary that....

Trump is only there to get what would otherwise be an person that is so vile as to never get elected, elected.

We don't have to vote for either of them and should not, there are other choices... hell write in Bernie Sanders or vote Gary Johnson or Donald Duck.

We are being played and we have to stop the circus.

The Clintons are the worst of our political system.
    Trump is a performer playing a part.

Somehow we have to end this bs.

#notTrumpOrHillary

1 person likes this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I appreciate your sentiment, but Hillary has been on my radar since 1992, and she's been a pretty normal career politician. Never loved her, but I don't hate her either. No, I am not afraid of anything she would do as president.

Trump has been on my radar since the 80's. He's been an a-hole the entire time, he has never held public office, and I am terrified what he might do to this country.

No third parties this time. All in to stop Trump.

Remember the damn 2000 election?

Bush-48%
    Gore-48%
    Nader-2%

-->Iraq War 2-->ISIS

**** Nader and **** third-party candidates this time.

1 person likes this.
  20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I'm sorry that you are too scared of Mr. Trump to make a good decision for this country... I think that is exactly why he is where he is.

All they need is enough useful idiots...