1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela's trade value under new contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 27, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you sure we will play vs warriors?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

It's more like the combination of losing ariza and lmm was a big hit. That's what people are worried about. Not just lmm. And hou still has yet to find an ariza replacement so there's nothing wrong with being cautious and skeptical

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes I would trade Clint for Anthony Davis.

Also, welcome back Clint!

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Clint is a V12 engine, then the Rockets are a Jaguar XJS. A convertible because it get hot in Texas, and in red, because the Rockets, naturally, prefer red. This is how the Rockets roll, according to bloodwings19 (who clearly has fine tastes in cars, as well as basketball). This is the later version, circa 1991. Personally, I prefer the earlier late '70's classic for looks, but in '91, we were beginning to rev up for our championship run, and that's what we're doing now, so the year fits. If I had Clint's new fortune, I'd buy one of these just for fun. A superb car for a superb team.

[​IMG]

An awesome v12 below (Clint?) -
    [​IMG]
    Since Anderson is still on the team, he's in the capacious trunk. The cat's a spare tire anyway and needs a battery -
    [​IMG]
    I think James and Chris have everything else covered, don't you?
    [​IMG]

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

If anyone recalls this post:
    Clint Capela was a 10 win player last year, and making 18 mil per ranks him at 1.8 million dollars per win share, which has to be one of the best values of any player who isn't on either a rookie contract or a minimum deal.

don grahamleone, BMoney and Louka like this.
  6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Minus a major injury to them it's the way to the title. And it's not like Leonard or Butler is a negative against other teams. Paul/Gordon/Harden/Butler/Tucker lineup is smashing every other team in the league with the exception of maybe Boston. And their best lineups wouldn't cause any real matchup problems for that 5.

NateNate likes this.
  7. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

If we land DJ, Faried is good for 15mins of backup energy off the bench.

Yes it would be nice having CP & DJ, but a wing/guard/PF who can get buckets be a huge impact player makes more sense.

What do you guys think we can get for him?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure he has great value...modern player, still young, improved every season, no ego problems, great work ethics, never had bad injuries, terrific (in a good way) contract. I think he's a perfect piece to trade for a superstar.

But i really like Clint so, i kinda feel bad saying we should trade him for x or y.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

DJ and Faried are on expiring minimum contracts, we don't have their bird rights and we will be capped out next season anyway. Capela is going to give us 18/12/2 for 4 years.

Unless it's for a LEGIT starting 3/4, forget it. By legit I mean excellent defense AND offense. None of the Tobias Harrises of the league.

saleem likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jimmy Butler?

11. StrawberryJamm

There's this guy on a max contract that can hit 3s, switch on defense, rim run, and handle the ball. He's a 4 but could close at the 5 next to Cp3, Harden, Gordon, and Tucker. His team is very unlikely to make the playoffs and should have started the rebuild process years ago. I won't say his name though not sure how you guys or Chris, Austin, and DeAndre would react.

IvanLCPM and joshuaao like this.
  12. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Sounds like u are describing prime Chris bosh

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't think Clint has nearly as much value for other teams as he has with the Rockets. If DJ comes here for the rest of the season that's great. But, Clint is younger and still improving. I don't see the Rockets trading him. But with Morey you never know.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Are you high? DJ is a free agent this summer. Clint is on a reasonable contract for 3 more years, is younger, and might not have maxed out his potential yet.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sure, but the Sixers ain't giving up Butler for Embiid's backup right

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely .. that's why Morey would have to drop the threesome on the 6ers.

17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

[​IMG]

Von Rafer likes this.
  18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Major Douchebag!! DO NOT WANT!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Only way Clint gets traded is for Davis. I don't see Morey trading him for anything else.

Why not? and don grahamleone like this.
  20. basketballholic

False