1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela will be a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 19, 2015.

1. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

No way they trade Capela, would be looked back as one of the worst trades ever by the Rockets.

He was supposed to only play in the D League this year. He has McHales trust and will have not only NBA experience but WCF experience.

With a summer to gain around 20 pounds of muscle and work with the players he will work with, I expect to see major improvements next season.

He is smart, young, hungry and is a sponge, ready to become a star player.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Definitely the way Howard is getting hurt we need to keep Capela around unless the Thunder want him for Durant or something.

3. kanggang

kanggang Member

Only if Presti would be willing to deal another OKC star after we robbed Harden...wonder if we can see a Howard/Capela/Dmo/Durant front court with Harden ...is that even possible?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish McHale would have given him more minutes, instead of Jones. Capela is raw, but his poise, athleticism and length is remarkable.

It's a lot to ask of a rookie, but we need him out there for 20 minutes,or even more now.

5. i3artow i3aller

Why is there Capela trade talk in here? This kid needs to retire a rocket.

6. JazzLakerHater

It's pretty sad that I'm more comfortable with Clint Capela in the Western Conference Finals than I am with Terrence Jones.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

More Capela less Jones in game 2

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

True. Capela would be #1 pick in this draft.

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Jones has to be playing hurt. He's not the same player from the beginning of the season and he's not the same player he was when he came back from the nerve thing. I think he must have rushed back from the rib/lung injury. He's just not the same guy. My guess is that he will be again, for us or someone else.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The timing and instincts might be better than Dwight already but only lacks the strength.

11. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

They both played in France I think

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that's exactly why you don't want him to bulk up unnaturally. let him continue to physically mature with age but no bulk program.

he played good tonight, his only issues are mental but that's expected.

13. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we GMs know what they know now, he may have been picked as high as #4 last year. Wiggins, Parker, Embiid would probably have still been top 3, but it would be very hard to pass up Capela at #4. Right now, I would take Wiggins over Capela and that's it. Embiid haven't played so I have no clue what he's like. Parker just looks like a poor man's Carmelo and I'm not sure I would like to have that.

As far as this year, you have to consider him in the top 7. The range for Cauley-Stein is 5-10 this year. You hope for him to be like Capela, so for a sure Capela, I'd pick him around 5-7 at the very least.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He moves his feet super well for a guy his size.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Didn't like the decision to take him out down the stretch and go with Jones at center. Capela is good enough to hold it down. Needs more minutes.

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Don't remember a legit 7 footer moving like that...will be a joy to watch for years

17. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Agreed. What also made Curry's shot so impressive was how well defended it was, especially for a 6'10" Center.

18. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

As a rookie, Capela has all the intangible attributes that coaches dream of in a big man. Despite his lack of size, his ability to roll to the basket and find position coming off the weak side is impressive.

Give him time. With McHale and Olajuwon working with him, he's sure to develop not only his post-game but his defensive rim-protection, too.

Once he puts on size, gains confidence and experience, we will have ourselves one of the biggest steals of the 2014 NBA Draft.

19. Asian Sensation

I'll probably get bashed for this but I don't care. He reminds me a lot of a young KG. Obviously Capela doesn't have the natural offensive skill-set KG possessed at a young age but he does have quite a few skills that seem to come naturally already mentioned in this thread. The way he moves on the court, how he was defending on the perimeter, the way he throws down his alley-oops, the instincts on D? All those things remind me of young KG. Hard not to get excited about him.

If he can develop a mid-range jumper and game with his back to the basket he may become more than just a star. They say this about every remotely athletic big man but he's more than remotely athletic and he's already so far ahead of the curve in comparison to where he or his peers should be. It's crazy to see him do the things he's doing these playoffs if you rewind just 2 months ago.

He just turned 21 yesterday too. Happy Bday Capela!

20. PJ86

PJ86 Member

The guy is great and Curry made some ridiculous shots over him from deep, but I loved how he could stay with a lot their guys on the perimeter.That blocked shot was great and he can hit FTs, set picks and catch lobs like no other. More Capela if TJ keeps this soft **** up!