1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela To Work With Dirk's Shooting Coach This Summer In Germany

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nejyh, Jun 5, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He isn't going to become a banger, or an elite low post player, but it would be nice if he could develop some basic moves and finish around the basket. He struggled to do that in the D-League.

If he can improve his free throwing percentage, and develop a jumper in a few years, then I think he will hit his ceiling.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Jumper would be good. Consistent jump hook from both directions on the left and right block would be better.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hopefully it helps, but what makes me like this news is that it will certainly annoy Cuban a tiny little bit for no good reason.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I actually think that Capela resembles the UH Akeem more than anyone else does I've seen. He's athletic, raw in offensive skills but very smooth and natural in his movement.

I don't think Dream had elite low post footwork when he came out of college. But he was beginning to develop it and his development was supernaturally fast.

I am not saying that Capela will be as good as Dream but he certainly looks like he has the tools for that potential. Not every athletic big man has that kind of natural movement.

If he has someone who works with him on his shot and his footwork, he has great potential. Whether he will ever reach that potential remains to be seen.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The closest thing to dream is either Anthony Davis or KG in his prime or the kid in philly Joel Embiid. Embiid already has the shoulder fakes and the footwork and very good touch, theirs just a lot of ? About his health and work ethic which Is never good. If he worked hard he could be the first back to basket big to wcf 25+ since Yao and Shaq. His touch and post game is that Fluid and good.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

7. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

He needs to gain 25lbs of muscle and work with Dream...

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Am I the only one who read this post in Hubie Brown's voice?

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Lmfao perfect

10. Asian Sensation

Throw a couple of "okay's" in there and it's totally Hubie.

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Idk. Didnt Lebron get a good post game after working withy the dream?
    Melo got a better post game now too. Amari worked with him too I think and he has some decent post moves.. And I'm sure d mo is greatly improving his post game cuz of the dream. Capela will shine

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, then he can be Dirk and Dream rolled into one. And then he should work with Calvin so he can shoot FT's at 90+% instead of 17%.

Seriously, though, these guys all work with a lot of former greats and most of the time all I see are the greats getting another paycheck after their careers are done. :grin:

Anyway, at least Capela's showing some initiative (assuming he went to Dirk's coach). I just hope he gets something out of it that manifests itself positively throughout his game/career.

BTW, I thought Dirk's coach worked with the Mavs.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His free throws have a ridiculous amount of arc.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Get him to work on his handles with Steven Nash.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have no idea why this would bother anybody. Especially those of you who say "He needs to be working on strength conditioning!"

I don't know if you all realize this, but there are a lot of hours in a day. And a man cannot possibly spend all of them lifting weights. He would literally die. I'm sure he's spending a couple hours a day on strength training. This is something else he's spending time doing. And we have no idea for how long or how often. Could be he spends just an hour a few days a week training with Dirk's shooting coach. I have no idea. But I am not in the least bit upset that our rookie with the sky high ceiling is already hard at work trying to improve a facet of his game.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Correct. Working on his skills won't hinder Capela's physical development at all. Besides, there is only so much weight and muscle he should gain each year. That should be a gradual process.

17. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Kobe Bryant

LeBron James

18. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

CAPELA WILL BE THE ROCKETS ANSWER TO ANTHONY DAVIS!

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm another who agrees with him. It's a mystery to me why anyone would see this as a negative. The young fella is showing initiative. He's showing that he wants to improve all aspects of his game. And he clearly has enormous potential.

The guy excites me. If Daryl moves him, I'm going to be very pissed off.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why are we putting a ceiling on this kid. Did anyone see Anthony Davis in college when he was 19 years old? His offense looked worse that Capela's and his defense was similar. I'm not saying he is going to be Davis, but there is nothing that he has shown that says he can't be pretty damn good.