1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

El ChupaCapa?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Biyombo

-------

I'd like to see him take a few jumpers.

5. Paaratohre

Paaratohre Member

You do realize that Europe is in fact more than just one country with one league, right?

6. nobie

nobie Member

Also didnt Dorsey played like 15mins a game? i remember checking stats his stats, and they were crap. Best defensive big doesnt play only 15mins a game..

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did Morey name him that? Never heard anyone call him the best big in Europe. New to me

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I see a guy beating out the D-League competition with his raw abilities, I can't help but question the utility of going against that level of competition for that player.

Wouldn't Capella get more out of practicing with the the NBA big boys and getting sport duty and garbage time? I know that point is moot as McHale wouldn't play the guy, but I would think the kid would refine his skills faster if he can learn to adjust to the speed and timing of going against real NBA talent.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Watched Biyombo live couple of weeks ago in CHarlotte. Dude is terrible. Not Dorsey terrible, but Black terrible. I had some hopes for him, but I was wrong.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The competition is undoubtedly weaker, but he can improve his fundamentals to some extent before joining the team in practice.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Quote from Euroleague where IT deems Dorsey best defensive big?

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Honestly I don't think he can be any worse than Dorsey or Black at this point.

I didn't think he would be ready to contribute this year, and I don't think he is, but Dorsey and Black have been abysmal.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'd much rather see him get a few mpg versus Black. Maybe we will see him up with the Rockets in another few weeks after he is totally recovered from the groin injury. Didn't Capela say he still wasn't close to 100%?

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Time him and Black to switch places.

15. FeaR

FeaR Member

Three weeks ago, Capela said he was at about "60 percent" to full health in recovering from his injury. On Saturday, he said that was about "90 percent."
    “I was feeling comfortable on the court, feeling good," Capela said after the game. "There were opportunities to block some shots and I took advantage. Defense is an area I feel I can really help my team, staying active and blocking shots, being a rim protector. I felt really good.”

LINK

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Bring him up if Black keeps playing under the rim and Howard keeps pussing out!

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's doing this while injured? :eek:

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Awesome.... give him another couple weeks down there and bring him up. He can't be worse than Dorsey or Black.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it is just about skill factor. I think he needs to work on his frame before getting banged up by the bigger guys of the nba. Why would we want to risk him getting a major injury when all it would take is a year of development. The last thing we need is another injury prone player.

1 person likes this.
  20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Agreed.