1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

yes. very skilled with the ball for a big and very quick/agile. Not as good as Terrance jones but he is very solid in that regard

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im hoping for larry sanders minus being a head case

4. kemah

kemah Member

He looked too slow for NBA and he ain't getting away with most of that play against the west competition.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I thought he's played 2 games already...?

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

needs to start carrying around Akeem's UH ice cream cooler.

7. Kid So Fresh

Kid So Fresh Member

Young bigs often take the longest to fully develop. There's a lot to like from our new big man.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Capela is going to be the guy we plug in late in the season and hopefully becomes a difference maker for the bench later in the playoffs (much like Troy Daniels last year). Im not saying he's going to hit a game winner or anything, but the dude is raw and of great potential in a position we need help in as far as depth is concerned. If he can get sculpted into a backup Center, I'd play him ahead of Black and Dorsey. Let's hope he dominates with 25 12 and 3 a game out in Rio Grande

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He'll help us down the line...He isn't really in basketball shape. The D league will do wonders for him. Because i see some Ibaka in him. And he's long enough to play some backup C if dwight is in foul trouble.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Capela currently playing vs Bakersfield.

-Pretty much erasing everything around the rim. I counted 4 tough blocks already.
    -Runs the court well, but looks gassed already in just about 5 minutes of play.
    -Moving well without the ball in the paint to get easy looks
    -Dunks very easily. Barely even jumps off the ground.
    -Dude isn't quite 7 foot, but is extremely long

-Looks a bit lost in the team defense & isn't getting up on his man quick enough
    -A bit too stationary on the offensive end. Too flat footed just hanging out waiting.
    -NBA game would be far too fast for him right now. Needs to work on his timing & the D-League will be good for him.

1 person likes this.
  11. NotChandlerParsons

Cool, thanks for posting. Sounds like pretty much what we thought, he's gonna spend the year down there.

Really wish we had managed to stash him overseas.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Just watched him on youtube for a bit. God he has so much natural talent. I seriously think next season we are going to have give him a strong look at back center mins. He was blocking everything with little effort. Even if he still raw.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rox almost always clear room, and find minutes for their rookies around the middle of the season.

Jones and M. Morris were two rare occasions where that didn't happen.

I can see him getting minutes in a few months if he catches up to the speed of the game. He's got something none of the other bigs have besides Dwight that can't be taught and always has use in the NBA despite low skill level.

Worst case scenario, I see something between Sam Dalembert/Brandon Wright in a couple years when he gets a bit stronger & smarter. Its highly possible that a team like the Rockets could find some use in him for a few minutes here and there later on & let future years be when they develop him enough to play more of a 4 in their offense. Right now he's obviously a shot blocking/rebounding 5 right now much like what T. Black is doing but much more gifted with size, shot blocking, and length. The question marks are going to be his toughness, strength to box out, mentality, and catching up to the speed of the game. If he proves he can provide some of that, maybe he can supplant Black in due time.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

half of our team should be on the rgv vipers!

15. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Nostradamus??

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

past 2 games, 12 minutes, 14 minutes, but extremely productive especially with blocks

4 blocks each game... the dude gets his NBA wind and he could be a 14 pts/11 boards/10 blocks guy.

17. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I think I've seen run from half court and dunk it. It would be nice if he could take it coast to coast.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In 2 gms (27 mins) w/ Vipers, <a href="https://twitter.com/CapelaClint">@CapelaClint</a> - 18p (8-14FG, 2-3FT), 13r, 8 blks. <a href="https://twitter.com/iRocket3">@iRocket3</a> had 39p, 5r, 4a, 4stls in 3OT W last nite. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/status/535097276851437570">November 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Remember, guys, Capela is on a minutes restriction due to his recovery from his groin strain. He's also way behind on his conditioning due to the time he's been off the court treating the injury.

If he can put up those numbers in just 27 total minutes while still not 100% healthy, I'm greatly encouraged by that. I'm not saying he's going to be a great player or anything; but calling him a bust right now is simply ridiculous.

20. Misigns

Misigns Member

[youtube]6-toZdsoV8g[/youtube]

Impressive block at 0:45.
    He also made two clutch free throws with two minutes left in the game. :)