1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That means they are not being traded...

DD

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-F5nKsKeXG0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  3. Misigns

Misigns Member

[youtube]VpMspYuZ9HU[/youtube]

Good move at the 1:05 mark

2 people like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

So...am I the only one who has really high hopes for this kid? I'm starting to think he's a great stash. He has to be a desirable asset and if he develops more quickly than thought, he might even help us on the floor next year. I like what I see.

5. Rocket_Man_2.0

Omg that move at 1:05..that was Hakeem Olajuwon like....wow!:eek: Morey was smart not to trade him.

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

Im very excited for CC and that move at 1:05 was nasty. I can't wait for him to get an offseason of work in to bulk up and work on the 15 footer.

7. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I've got high hopes too. Ive never seen such a drastic difference between someones play in the NBA vs the D League, but we knew going into the season that something like that would happen.

I know we are in win now mode, but Harden has still got plenty of time to play at an elite level at 25. Im hoping Capela can start contributing in the next year or so to help keep Dwight's minutes down. Hard to imagine him really contributing next year but you never know.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he can give us some useful backup minutes in the remaining season, it might be a turning point. Gotta long way to go. Keep on working young man, and most importantly believe in yourself.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

If this kid can't play with the Rockets when Dwghit is out over a month, then I have minimum expectation that he 'll have a chance to be a rotation's player while he's under contract

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's like 5 years old right now and a Euro, he needs some developmental time

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

I think he has a higher upside than DMo and Jones in terms of how he will be able to impact the game. He can really be special defensively and a very good finisher off the pnr. I hope he is willing to put in the work to get there.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I worry a bit about his work ethic because it has been rumored to be suspect, but there's no question the kid has the physical talent. It would be a shame if he squandered his opportunity.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am really excited about his potential, and the way Dwight's health is declining we may need him to reach it sooner rather than later. He's showing some fantastic instincts. I think he can be one hell of a player.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Over the past four games, Jack Cooley has averaged 21.3 points and 13.3 rebounds per game on 65% shooting.</p>&mdash; Ridiculous Upside (@RidicUpside) <a href="https://twitter.com/RidicUpside/status/569535260456824832">February 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If u haven't any patience, u should't give any attention to rookies like Clint Cepala

1 person likes this.
  16. fv court

fv court Member

thanks for the videos of Capela at RGV Vipers. He didn't show much in his limited stint in the NBA, hopefully he can build experience and confidence in the D-league. What is his natural position C or PF?

17. try

try Member

Oh my goodness, what a move! :eek:

[​IMG]

At the moment, everything for Capela is around the rim, so he sure looks like he'll be a center.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Holy shat @ that baseline spin

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting the video (same to the one following from Misigns). Besides Capella's play, there were a couple of very nice bounce passes to him from Nick Johnson. I still have hopes of Nick developing into a rotation player for the Rocks. Same with Capela, perhaps even something more. One of the truly excellent things Morey/Alexander have done over the years is purchase the Vipers and use the team as a development tool, starting a trend smart teams around the league are following.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is nice to see Capella beating guys with technical skill and not just raw athleticism. But these are players he should be beating up. He was a first round pick, after all, and these guys are scrubs.

He needs time in the big league where he can learn to deal with the higher level of skill and athleticism. For him, timing is gonna be an obstacle until he gets enough opportunity to make mistakes and adjust.

But kudos to the Rockets for investing in the kid and making developmental use of the D-League.