1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2. baubo

baubo Member

I think most mocks had him going higher than 25 going into the draft. Him dropping to us may have something to do with his unwillingness to stay over for another year. Make sense, as he wasn’t exactly making big bucks over there. I know fans are worried about him being too raw. But if so, playing with the Vipers and working with Rockets development staff would move him quicker than over in Europe.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, imagine if he develops a 3 pt shot down in the valley...

4. bmd

bmd Member

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

His free throws attempted per minute is pretty amazing also.......now if he could only increase his free throws made per minute. :(

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious how some people have made up their minds based on 9 minutes of play. The guy can dribble a basketball better than most bigs, has hops, has excellent height/wingspan, has played professional basketball and is otherwise very raw.

It's pretty obvious he was one of those guys who wishes he was a SG growing up, and he needs to be taught everything about being a big man. This is the perfect organization to do that. They need to work on his strength and his inside game.

7. sfayner

sfayner Member

8. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

They need to send Nick Johnson down there too if they haven't already

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Y'all are ridiculous.

It's just silly to write this guy off after seeing him twice. Especially after hearing how excited the coaching staff is about him from seeing him in practice.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He should be ready by the time we are ready to re-contend.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Just seeing he got sent to the Vipers. Good move.

Was always a fan of the pick. I was upset when he chose to sign immediately, but it's alright. He's worth it and it's better for him to build chemistry sooner rather than later. He has gotten along great with the fellas in the locker room I would assume.

I'm not surprised that a couple of kids in this thread were already writing off Clint though. I remember when the Rockets first signed Beverley people on here hated him. Apparently because he dunked during a game where we blew out the Warriors by tying a NBA record 3 point shots made. Kids will be kids and they're only upset because the Rockets couldn't keep Jeff Adrien. That's unfair to Clint. Not saying Clint could become an all-star or anything, but he is a special player and at 25 that's all you can hope for.

13. FeaR

FeaR Member

14. Misigns

Misigns Member

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Thnx for the vid

I love the way he runs down the floor.

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

I'm calling my shot right now...that kid is going to be a good player. A guy that big, that coordinated, that fluid, with that much athleticism, and natural shot blocking talent is going to be a legit NBA player. I have no idea how long it will take him to get there, but barring injury, he will.

17. bmd

bmd Member

He does seem pretty talented.

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I've been big on Capela since the draft, so if he busts, I have crow to eat. Thanks for the vid, guy up there. (Repped)

From what I see in the vid, it's the same from his Euro reel: Deandre Jordan level of near basket fg%, blocks and boards.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Good tools seen in that video. Needs 2-4 years.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It looked like he was about to take off after one of those blocks. Does he have coast to coast skills?