1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Not a good pick at all, he's uncordinated and moves at a snails pace. I don't see potential at all, he look's like a 10th grader trying out for the NBA.

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Im pretty sure they saw him in practice everyday.... Dude is still very raw, he is not ready for the NBA. Needs to put on weight and get used to the speed of the NBA game. Some time with the RGV will do him a lot of good.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I don't like this dude at all! Forced his way onto the team rather than chillin overseas another year (as DM had planned...)... and he can't even shoot a freakin free throw.... (and before anyone references to D12s free throws - Capella aint no D12...)

Hopefully, we're just trying to get him some court time against subpar opposition so we can move him as part of a package... I'd rather have the roster spot than him...

Another Badiane (spelling?)...

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his 4 FT attempts looked worse than what a typical 14 year old girl on a HS freshman team would throw up.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly Capela is going to work the concession stand for the Vipers.

1 person likes this.
  6. yobod

yobod Member

You guys are way underestimating Clint, his ceiling ridiculous.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kIn4-8DwBW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

stick him and johnson there for a year, or until mamagement feels they can contribute. thought capella was headed straight to the dleague anyway

8. newAge_Rockets

This was expected. We all knew he was raw. We all knew he wouldn't contribute this year. And anyways, the Rockets love sending their rookies to RGV to develop for a year!

Don't understand the whining on this move.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

10. NotChandlerParsons

But what about all the guys at 26 or later who will be contributing to their teams immediately!?

I agree.

I'm sure there will be one or two guys after him that will end up being good this year but at this point in the draft, you either take players with little upside which is what we usually do, or you take a project. You know how Dorsey sucks and we have absolutely no rim protection when Dwight goes out? Well imagine in two years when this guy has actually figured out what to do with his length and we have him for another two years for like 4m total.

11. sabesque

sabesque Member

I've heard that the coaching staff is super-geeked out about Clint and his performances in practice.

He was going to RGV even if he looked amazing in his 6 minutes of garbage time against the spurs.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

No word on Nick Johnson? I thought he was going to the Vipers too.

13. NotChandlerParsons

Its interesting that they didn't (apparently) send him down. I assume they are keeping him around just in case until Bev returns, but it would be interesting if he ends up getting some minutes.

14. Misigns

Misigns Member

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He'll be good, IMO.

Has an NBA body, that's for sure. Just needs to get cooked (i.e. he's raw).

16. bongman

bongman Member

Are you placing your name in the "insider" list? :)

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol yall Trippin talking about he a bust already. If you knew anything about him you knew he was gonna be super raw. Gotta give him at least a year.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if his game fits into the 3 and D style of the Vipers.

He will need to get his points on putbacks and hustle plays.

DD

19. Zbed

Zbed Member

What are we thinking Clint's ceiling is? I've seen a Serge Ibaka type player but that seems to be a longshot.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tyson Chandler