1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Goof all you want, but the last 2 games were wins pulled-out by defense, and guess who was one of the veterans on the floor each time? Cisco. With Dallas he had a key close-out. Last night was a key defensive board. But he's really out there cause he is always going to make the right basketball decisions on defense and not make stupid mistakes.

#181 cdrive, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Clint Capela needs to be reactivated for tomorrow's game if Tarik Black has a severely jacked-up thumb.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets still have Hakeem.

4. bongman

bongman Member

This. Why do we always measure somebody's performance by just offense? 19-2 run while Cisco was on the floor with emphasis to 2.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

With regards to Capela, while it is impressive all of the shots he is blocking, my question is, is he just going after everything at the expense of not maintaining discipline in defensive assignments? If it is within the flow, then I would be very encouraged.

I don't see all of the Ibaka comparisons. Ibaka has range on his jumper and Capela does not. I doubt he will ever get that.

BUT, if he could be what Brendan Wright is for Dallas or Larry Sanders is for the Bucks, then that is not bad at all as a backup rim protecting center.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

Ibaka couldn't shoot worth a damn at Capela's age either.

7. onreego

onreego Member

If he develops a jumper, I hope it'll look better than Perkins.

[​IMG]

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Clint Capela had 9 points and 12 rebounds in 15 minutes last night. Per 36 Capela is averaging :eek:

22.2 PPG
    17.2 RPG
    9.4 BPG

Now he's only playing 13 MPG, it's easy to play with great intensity in limited minutes. Plus there are still a million things he needs to improve to become a good NBA player (you can block shots, and still be a bad defensive player), but even in the D-League his production is amazing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

If Capela ever plays for Houston, it will be limited minutes. His intensity should be here every minute.

10. dmoneybangbang

He's a very raw player with very high upside. It seems the Rocket's don't mind taking their time developing this player and have clear goals for the rookie in game.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The impressive thing about Capela is that a lot of his blocks are strong side blocks meaning he is blocking his assignment. He's not leaving his man and coming from behind. Capela reminds me a lot of how Deke block shots. Very good timing and never seems to leave his feet very often.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What is impressive to me is that when I watch him play he looks totally lost out there but his raw talent is enough to put up great stats anyway. When this puppy grows into his paws, he's going to be scary.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Case in point, Anthony Davis leads the league in blocks, but the Pelicans are 21st in defensive rating.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Motumbo Jr.

17. NotChandlerParsons

He was known as a decent jumpshooter before he came to the NBA and started doing it well in his second season here.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The young man can get up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So, Clint Capela did this tonight. <a href="https://t.co/WpiwRx0qCk">https://t.co/WpiwRx0qCk</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/539287977331933184">December 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

THE Joe Alexander?

1 person likes this.
  20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I don't understand why ppl aren't more excited about him. To think he could be our 4th best player behind 3 all stars is too much.