1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela Highlights: 17 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks at D-League Showcase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Capela looked good... ran the floor well, looked pretty good in the pick-and-roll.

[youtube]A1GcL4uib3g[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Capela has got crazy, crazy athleticism for a big guy. Dude is like a giant in comparison to other players.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Throwing lobs like he is Deandre Jordan.

4. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Like the color analyst, I noticed the nice hands. Physical tools are all there.

5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

This guy looks like he has a higher ceiling than Dwight...... And he also looks substantially bigger than what he was when we drafted him...... I know it's d league but I'm looking at how he moves and the fact that he is obviously is working hard on being a better basketball player

6. omgTHEpotential

Capela seems to be at least 7'0 tall to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ibaka clone!

He will get some pt next year.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

his shot actually has a nice release.

9. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I LOVE the fact that he DUNKS EVERYTHING remotely near the room. He is definitely a keeper. Great timing on blocked shots, quick leaper, he is gonna be a problem at the NBA level when he "figures it out".

I wish there was a better way to develop him. He is too big/quick/athletic for the D-League and our team has too much at stake to play him now. I guess maybe he could go head to head with the big boys in practice and get the mop-up minutes that Dorsey gets, but IDK. Has there been a case of a big man developing well while only getting mop-up minutes. It seems to me that all the big guys that pan out kind of have to learn on the job with quality rotation minutes.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The Lusting for Capela should be higher. He is certainly not ready to contribute yet but his development schdule at this point is right on track. I for one am not willing to put a ceiling on him yet. I would love to hear more about his mental make up. Haven't heard much about his love for the game, his competitiveness or his work ethic.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Like the progression. Athleticism, stamina, hands all look great (and rebounding/shot blocking of course).

My one concern is still his ability to adjust on offense. As in, I think he still only has 1 move/direction on a given play. If he catches on the PNR and a defender slides in front of him (which will happen more often than not in the NBA), can he adjust and make a different move or pass? I feel like right now, he's just going to keep going and pick up a lot of charges/turn the ball over.

But that seems like the type of thing that'll improve over time...might need better competition to do it though

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Lets tap the brakes on "Ibaka clone" until we see him reliably hit 3pt shots. He looks a lot more Deandre Jordan than Ibaka to me.

13. varughese.arun

Oh my! slowly but surely... Hopefully we don't trade him. KEEP WORKING CLINT, YOUR TIME WILL COME!

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Ibaka is elite at defense and shot-blocking and that's what he's being compared to

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Agree. If he were 23 or 24 playing like this, he'd be a little interesting, but he's 20 FREAKiN' YEARS OLD. People who say he looked awful when we gave him garbage time with the big team are totally missing the point. He was a star-struck kid playing against the best guys in the world for the first time in his life. I'm surprised he manage to put his uniform on properly.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Should I rephrase to "young" Ibaka Clone!

They run the floor well, can jump out of the gym and have great timing.

His release shows that he could possibly be a consistent 12-15 foot jump shooter one day.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

ahhhh capela!

if he develops a jump shot, that changes everything...

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is where having McHale and Hakeem should help, hopefully.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ibaka is elite at defense and shot-blocking and a good 3pt shooter
    Deandre Jordan is elite at defense and shot-blocking. /end

So, closer to Deandre Jordan / Tyson Chandler.

20. micah1j

micah1j Member

It appears they are still capping his minutes. Only 25 minutes today. Makes you question his conditioning. Also appears nonchalant on defense almost baiting people to take a shot so he can block it.

13.5 pts, 7.9 reb (3.8 off, 4.1 def), 2.9 blk, 55% FG, 68% FT all in 17.8 minutes a game. At 36 minutes that translates to 27.3 PTS, 16 REB, 5.9 BLK. Now he needs to work on his conditioning and go out and actually do it for 36 minutes a game.