1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela...$12 million man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 7, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QFT.

When do we play the Hawks guys, I gotta watch out for Dewayne Dedmon doing a number on his with his measley 4 points and 4 rebounds. :D

Popovich benched his ass for a reason. It's because he watches the games. Dedmon sucks Mon.

2. newAge_Rockets

He looked like he was really affected by the altitude. The man was gassed after a minute of play .

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CC came out strong, but MDA & Co. wanted to get Wright minutes..Ergo pulling him 6 minutes in.
    There was a lot of experimenting with new players...combos...
    They could have won this game by 25, easy..That wasn't the most important deal tonight, though.
    We needed to get folks minutes...even if it did get a little close for comfort at the end.
    Not in normal flow .

#143 Plowman, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He gotta play 5 minutes or less at a time at altitude.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yup I was hyping this dude up and he lays a turd. Im honestly concerned DD is onboard this is scary how quick the curse happened. Chase budinger be damned.

One game though... And we have this end of year and playoffs to get a really good taste of capela in a prominent role

He is the rung below the elite tier. That I do believe hes made it to.

Is he 'worth' max? That is relative too. Yes though he is

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yup, today's game was about running lineup simulations against a playoffs team and building team chemistry with new folks. These sort of investments can pay dividends come playoffs.

Plowman likes this.
  7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

This team is trash without capela...Better max this guy out next season....

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are freaking dense. You just don’t get it. Dedmon wouldn’t be playing in Houston with crappy Atlanta players!!

He would be running Rockets plays with Rockets supporting cast you dumb a**. Plus a guy named
    Freaking LeBron. Or another free agent. Dedmon would get like $4 mil. Saving the Rockets
    money to go big free agent and/or keep Ariza/Luc

Does Atlanta have CP3 or Harden with spoon feeding lobs? NO. You have no vision for basketball.

Did you say Harden would be a good PG? I did
    Did you say CP3 and Harden would work together? I did
    Did you like adding Gerald Green? I did. Saleem and I discussed this prior to his signing.

What have you liked that matters any? Did you agree with any of those assessments?

Edited: it’s the money that killed the Heat big 3. It’s hitting the Warriors this summer. Hit the
    Cavs this season. The window on dynasties is small. Like 3 years. It’s about cutting costs where
    and when you can.

Supply and demand. Younger big centers that hit 3’s are about to flood the market.

#148 ApacheWarrior, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

cont’d from Post #148

Rockets-Hawks (11-03-17) per basketball-reference.com (this season)
    Player..........FGM....FGA.....FG%.......3PM.....3PA......3P%.......eFG%.........Ast’d...........%Ast’d
    Dedmon.......4..........5.........80.0%.......1..........2.........50.0%.....90.0%..........3.................75.0
    Capela..........5..........9.........55.6%.......0...........0............0%......55.6%..........5.................1.000

Shot Type (17-18) per basketball-reference.com
    Dunk
    Player...........FGM.....FGA....FG%.......3PM......3PA......3P%......eFG%...........Ast’d........%Ast’d
    Dedmon.........*28.....31.......90.3%.............................................90.3%...........*25.............89.3
    Capela.......**153.....168......91.1%.............................................91.1%........**140.............91.5

*Assisted dunks can indicate lob dunks. Note Hawks don’t have Harden/CP3 for lobs on a tee.
    Spurs and Atlanta have Pops difficult system....more difficult than Rockets. Atl has Pops understudies.

**A big staple of the Rockets attack. CP3/Harden draw attention while Capela rolls for dunk attempts.

Hook Shot

Player.............FGM.....FGA.....FG%......3PM......3PA.......3P%.....eFG%..........Ast’d.........%Ast’d
    Dedmon...........7...........17.......41.2%...........................................41.2%..............7............1.000
    Capela.............31.........61.......50.8%...........................................50.8%.............23.............74.2

Jump Shot
    Player..............FGM.......FGA.....FG%......3PM.....3PA........3P%.....eFG%..........Ast’d.........%Ast’d
    Dedmon............90.........186......48.4%....31.......80..........38.8%..56.7%............83............92.2
    Capela...............7..............9.......36.8%........0........1.............0%......36.8%.............5.............71.4

Layup
    Player...............FGM........FGA......FG%.....3PM......3PA........3P%.....eFG%..........Ast’d........%Ast’d
    Dedmon.............41............64........64.1%............................................64.1%.............24...........58.5
    Capela..............141..........257.......54.9%............................................54.9%............100..........70.9

So one can see that the Rockets use the center going towards the rim with great passers looking to
    the center as an option to lob or get the ball near the rim.....again momentum giving them an advantage
    over smaller defenders rolling to help. Atlanta uses a lot of attention to strong side with movement
    every where in hopes of freeing up a shooter anywhere on the court. Not always cutters towards the rim.
    Not always lobs to a player headed to the rim.

To say Dedmon doesn’t fit in the San Antonio/Atlanta systems (which are the same) means that Dedmon
    won’t fit into the Rockets wide open scheme is as dumb as someone saying the Boston Gerald Green
    won’t do well in the wide open scheme of the Rockets. There was a Suns run and gun Gerald Green
    who did somewhat well. The supporting cast can make a huge difference.

P.S. and why would Atlanta want Dedmon if Pops was telling his Atlanta connection Dedmon sucks?

#149 ApacheWarrior, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dedmon sucks Mon. Just admit it, you have the scouting abilities of what.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So Clint sat out tonight vs. Jazz because of illness..I wonder if he was sick vs. Denver too which explains his poor performance?

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It would make sense.

He was a special kind of terrible. Like he was a victim of the Monstars

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Better than your scouting abilities sun.

You would pay Capela 20+ million and then ask what happened?

I thought paying Capela $25 million meant Harden and CP3 go with him.....a duhhhh

I thought it was Capela lobbing passes to himself......a duhhhhhh

Last time I looked 4-5 FG’s give you more than only 4 points

CP3/Harden and maybe LeBron would spoon feed Dedmon 5 lob passes a game. Then add his jump
    shooting of 3 pointer here and there.

Rockets with CP3/Harden/Luc/LeBron/Dedmon would give probably 1.40 per ppp.
    Giving up 1.05 ppp.
    As if Capela will keep Harden from scoring on the perimeter.
    Did you see Capela on the perimeter vs Denver. They ain’t Harden and CP3.

#154 ApacheWarrior, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd say yes, he looked really lost in that game

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is usually a good rebounder, but the big boys bother him. Only 2 rebounds against OKC in the 1st half.
    That won't do at all. It may even be a factor in a possible victory for the Thunder, I fear.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Love Tilman

mikol13 and Sajan like this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is Tinman Fertitta in Financial Trouble?

mikol13 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

C'mon Tilman, you know he's worth it.