1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Climate Change] Winter Watch 2016-2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

The reasoning behind why intense snowfall and rain events can increase for some areas are really ****ing simple to understand. A warmer atmosphere can hold more moisture and it's pretty ****ing easy to get below 32 degrees F that far north and at that altitude.

I have a question for you. Are you too stupid to understand this?

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You are completely missing the point, but thank you for mansplaining everything.

Global warming zealots are too busy trying to mansplain why every weather pattern is proof of global warming, right or wrong. Their only mission is to convince everyone they are right. They haven't thought beyond that point, as if they believe somehow they can convince the entire global population that global warming is real, it will just magically go away. By the way, that is a religious mindset.
    If global warming models are accurate, its not just going to magically go away because we magically invented a true clean energy source. Clean energy is something we need to do regardless, not because of a cult following.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I guess the old saying is true: when you have nothing to support your argument, pound the table.

4. dmoneybangbang

You never answered me....

What should mankind do about climate change? You claim you believe it is happening so what should we do?

5. Cohete Rojo

I did answer you. It is a topic for another thread. Please start a thread on policy, politics, and economics of climate change. This thread is not intended for such discussion.

6. dmoneybangbang

You didn't answer me... I suppose it easier to deflect instead of giving a concise answer...

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a straw man - there is no Climate scientist who is saying a hot day is the result of global warming. In fact, that's not what climate science is predicting.

Climate science isn't saying the weather is going to get higher high temps - it predicteding that the warming will occur primarily at night and the difference between high and low temperatures are disappearing. This is true and has been verified.

It also predicted that the warming in the arctic will weaken the Jet Stream - and this has turned out to be true as well. This is why the polar vortices are meandering more and this is also true.

So I am not sure who these global warming zealots you are talking about. What weather patterns do you speak of? Climate science hasn't stated what you think. I suggest you start debating based on what the science is saying, and not what some oddball that no one here knows.

Stop it with the stupid strawman's already, Space Cadet.

8. Cohete Rojo

We've got a few more weeks of cool to warm weather before thermal summer hits us. So here we go with the biggest piece of information:

Note: Despite some claims, NOAA has not attributed global warming as a cause for the California.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sweet! An unexpected advantage of melting the ice caps: the ice turns into water, then rain falls. Imagine that!

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hurricane season starts today. Exciting!!!

NOAA predicts above average Atlantic hurricane season